1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

You can get a brand new balmain on ebay for about 2000 if you keep looking.

2. Eastman

Eastman Well-Known Member

200 you mean? I am looking at the website and they don´t seen to make retro halfbelts.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. DividedWay

DividedWay Well-Known Member

Look in the Thurston Bros thread- it might be ~600, but it'll be a damn good jacket

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

TOJ did a lot of good stuff. I was about to order another jacket but once the production times got out of control i was turned off. I own the wool MA1 and the Moto. Pretty happy with both. I also own 2 ricks and those are a different aesthetic but also great. Have not really had a bad experience with leather jackets lately.
    well the below and i will comment more to that.
    Most of this is correct. But, to point out Drew went into the restaurant business and slightly abandoned the TOJ business. I can understand that he did not want to scale the business and wanted to do something else. But, what is happening now is pretty bad imo. People are waiting 6 months plus for a jacket. Why? I know SF community upsold TOJ like crazy and as one of the benefactors I would confirm price point n quality for price is amazing. You won't find that elsewhere. But, if you are willing to either pay a little more or look around you do have a TON of options outside TOJ. Thurston for example has a lot of jackets, JL leathers in SF, the super long list @Adroit posted. My point is don't buy just for the hype especially if the retailer/manufacturer cannot provide you with your item in a reasonable amount of time.
    Look back a page, giant list of retailers

5. Eastman

I did, but they are all above 700 or more.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

7. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

I've currently got 2 Alexanders and 2 Aeros with another Aero on the way. I've also sold 1 of each that weren't quite right for me.

Craftsmanship and quality are the same, both exceptional. The differences atm are Aero have access to the thicker/stiffer HH that they are famous for, I still don't think Alexanders can get that particular CXL FQHH if tats what you want in particular but then again, I think Alexanders offer a wider range of different hides in total.

Aero have introduced a lot of new styles over the last 2 years but they are much less inclined to do any alterations or modifications to their designs apart from slight adjustments to length of body and sleeve.

Alexanders have a smaller (yet still fairly wide) range of designs, but are much more willing to modify patterns on request.

Aero have a significantly longer wait time on production of orders, although you can go through Insurrection / Thurston Bros and get them with pretty much the same lead time as an Alexanders order.

Alexanders don't have as high a resale value but are cheaper to begin with...

Both have fantastic customer service and make amazing jackets.

To be honest, there is no clear winner, it really depends on what you are after, either way, you will get a great jacket.

8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trying to break in this white tanned CORS high neck
    Its still very stiff but Ive been told they do soften and stretch a little bit

The biggest pain is the snaps that narrow the sleeves keep popping open from the tension of the stiff leather

Edit: white tanned not veg tanned

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    4 people like this.
  9. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

/\ From experience I assure you it will soften and stretch not a little, but a fair bit. After months of regular wear; it will look and feel much better. The shine dulls out too.
    FWIW, I wear mine without zipping up the sleeves.

1 person likes this.
  10. skeen7908

Thanks for the info.

I kind of like the shine to be honest, but will obviously be much easier to wear.
    Does the collar stay nice and rigid? The good thing about the stiffness is that the jacket keeps its shape and looks good unzipped (which is not so much the case for the other ccp leathers i have seen)

11. Eastman

It is strange that schott does not have a half belt model

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Plokhov
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

Yes, the collar stays rigid. It will keep its shape also. It is CORS-PTC after all!

14. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

Keep looking at this m.a+ biker in black llama...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    7 people like this.
  15. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

I tried it on, but the two layers of leather at the collar bothered me. Leather was really nice as you'd expect.
    My favorite leather on the biker is probably bison followed by horse. Shame bison was only in purple.

16. skeen7908

^where to buy the jacket?

17. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

pics are from ATRUM-Maeda

http://ameblo.jp/mercury-maeda/

If you order or buy one let me know how they fit; I'll grab one next year. You can play m.a+ sizing roulette. :) The piece is stunning... 1st leather in a awhile that is really grabbing my attention.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  18. skeen7908

Only Size 44 available: the arms might be right length at least :)

Doesnt look like any of the euro/us retailers picked it up

19. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

It's a shame it's the nicest m.a+ leather this season. Bison avi @ Darklands is mean too.

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

The jacket is actually baby calf, the liner is llama wool

Also, don't buy MA+ without trying it on, sizing is frustrating beyond belief. ..