• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get why everyone was ganging up on H Markopolous but he was right and this just drives it home more

He was right, but he was an ass about it. Coming into a mess like this and repeatedly saying "see?? I told you so!" isn't a good way to make friends.

When I bought my two pairs of jeans at something like $35 each back in November, I was fully aware that I might not ever receive them. I was even reluctant to place the order for the second pair. I think the most upset people are probably the ones who got excited and ordered a bunch while not using caution.

How do we know that Freeriders is the same guy?

H Markopolos

Reaction score
He was right, but he was an ass about it. Coming into a mess like this and repeatedly saying "see?? I told you so!" isn't a good way to make friends.

When I bought my two pairs of jeans at something like $35 each back in November, I was fully aware that I might not ever receive them. I was even reluctant to place the order for the second pair. I think the most upset people are probably the ones who got excited and ordered a bunch while not using caution.

How do we know that Freeriders is the same guy?

I don't agree with your portrayal of my contributions to this thread. That is, I believe a careful reading of the entirety of my posts regarding Lawless Denim do not convey a "see I told you so!" message as much as a "here is what you can do to protect yourself and stop (or at least hold him accountable) James Roman Acevedo from taking your money." Of course I can understand this might not be as obvious to those who were swindled by James Roman Acevedo.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never was very good dealing with the touchy-feely, sensitive types and I never got a chance to perfect my techniques to deal with them since they washed out so fast. I will tell you that I don't agree with your portrayal of my contributions to this thread and thank God that they all remain for everyone to see as a clear refutation of your faulty reading comprehension.
Or... maybe you just never hung out with enough guys who would actually beat the **** out of you if you ran your mouth too often.

Lucifer

Reaction score

Or... maybe you just never hung out with enough guys who would actually beat the **** out of you if you ran your mouth too often.

Pucifer:

You speak like someone who has never been
Smacked in the ******* mouth
That's OK, we have the remedy
You speak like someone who has never been
Knocked the **** on out
But we have your remedy

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from the Arizona Attorney Generals office that Acevedo entered into a payment settlement with the State of Arizona.

Acevedo will be paying into a restitution fund. Everyone that submitted a receipt(or does so by years end) will receive restitution money.

The Arizona A.G. could not state how much each person would receive.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I just received a letter from the Arizona Attorney Generals office that Acevedo entered into a payment settlement with the State of Arizona.

Acevedo will be paying into a restitution fund. Everyone that submitted a receipt(or does so by years end) will receive restitution money.

The Arizona A.G. could not state how much each person would receive.

Hey Metra, do you know how this case was put together? And do you have contact info for any of the attorneys or organizations who worked on this case? (Feel free to PM me the info, if you don't want to post it publicly). I'm working on something similar and I would like to get some info.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Metra, do you know how this case was put together? And do you have contact info for any of the attorneys or organizations who worked on this case? (Feel free to PM me the info, if you don't want to post it publicly). I'm working on something similar and I would like to get some info.

Sure dww. No problem.

The Arizona Attorney general's Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section took action related to peoples complaints by filing a civil lawsuit on June 1, 2016 that alleged that Lawless Denim LLC, LD & Co., LLc and their managing member James Roman Acevedo, violated the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act in selling custom denim and leather merchandise. The lawsuit was resolved when the Maricopa County Superior Court entered a Consent Judgement against Lawless And Mr. Acevedo on June 8, 2016.

Their office will distribute restitution after itis collected from Lawless and Mr. Acevedo.

They did not know how long it will take or how much to expect.

The Ariz. Attorney Generals legal asst. who signed the letter is Katie Peters. Her direct # is 602-542-4345. Her email is [email protected]

Hope that helps.

H Markopolos

Reaction score
Agreed. While I'm not the happiest, I knew what I was getting into, and I'm not at the point of going to the Attorney General. I actually sent a polite message to them on their site asking for a timeline for delivery, and received a prompt reply letting me know where my order was at. It seems on my end that they're making an effort to get orders made and sent, albeit very slowly.

Lucky you, its been 14 months but you still have a chance to take my advice.

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/ag-brnovich-lawless-denim-refund-customers

Sam H

Reaction score
Just got my check from the Arizona AG :cool2: Pretty funny unexpected $50 bonus lol

Just to clarify, I purchased one pair and received repayment in full ($51.50). Unsure if this is the norm or if you will get full repayment if you laid out more money for more pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads