• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton: Wear a Suit--Don't Look Like One

joshb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Give me a plan charcoal suit and a white shirt anyday and I will look tons better.

rolleyes.gif

As a near total lurker here on SF, I always have to laugh at the frequency of these type of comments. Granted, there are many well dressed people on this board and I like to consider myself one of them, but I can't help to imagine what most members look like while they sit back and snipe in an internet forum about someone's cuff being 1/16" too large.

I don't like this guys outfit, but he has some serious style and it's pretty obvious. I'm willing to bet that more than half of this forum, when decked out in their bargain hunted Isaia and Borrelli don't have half as much style as him.

If you wear it that well and have more style in a plain charcoal suit and white shirt, then more power to you, but I know where my money's at.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Do they let, chocolate and pizza , in the Dakotas ?

Not only that, but also good English.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Dominican.

Clearly, still Black, but could explain his last name, maybe.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything individually, but together it's over the top. There is a line between stylish and silly.

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
I like everything individually, but together it's over the top. There is a line between stylish and silly.
and contrived. the second worst style offence.
I have relaxed my view regarding "bold" items *as long as* they somewhat seamlessly integrate with the rest of the outfit without looking calculated. But combination like this serves no other purpose other than draw attention to "look how many crazy patterns i have pulled together*--> doing it for the sake of going over the top - especially given his responsibility as a style "gatekeeper" - makes me wana slap him and wipe this smirk off his face.
If his entire huge garderobe consists of such crazy items so outfits like this emerge randomly, that would be obvious. This pic suggests otherwise. We have better things to do rather than try to decipher the convoluted self-gratifying jokes guys like this impose on the rest of the humanity ( the civilized part, that is).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblahblah
I have relaxed my view regarding "bold" items *as long as* they somewhat seamlessly integrate with the rest of the outfit without looking calculated. But combination like this serves no other purpose other than draw attention to "look how many crazy patterns i have pulled together*--> doing it for the sake of going over the top - especially given his responsibility as a style "gatekeeper" - makes me wana slap him and wipe this smirk off his face.
If his entire huge garderobe consists of such crazy items so outfits like this emerge randomly, that would be obvious. This pic suggests otherwise. We have better things to do rather than try to decipher the convoluted self-gratifying jokes guys like this impose on the rest of the humanity ( the civilized part, that is).

The civilized part of the humanity should learn how to write properly...

EasyGoing

Reaction score
I don't like anything individually but the overall looks fine, I think.

I'm intrigued at the idea that he's a world class douche. Excited enough to make a special trip to the store.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Clearly, still Black, but could explain his last name, maybe.

I'm going to venture a guess that his dad is an Italian guy and his mother is someone of african decent.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblahblah

But why are you assuming it's contrived?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I'm going to venture a guess that his dad is an Italian guy and his mother is someone of african decent.

Italian and Dominican? Which would mean he does have some African heritage. Why is every one so hung-up on his appearance?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
Italian and Dominican? Which would mean he does have some African heritage. Why is every one so hung-up on his appearance?

It's an American pastime. Racial olympics.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
It's an American pastime. Racial olympics.

It would be an interesting discussion to have in one of the other fora. When I lived in the US, I noticed many Americans were very interested in where everyone was "from," i.e., not only their ethnicity but country of origin. But this makes sense in a country of immigrants, I suppose...

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
What I want to know is how he ties his tie so the thin end is out front, and longer than the wide end, and why? (maybe it is a snap, I have never tried for obvious reason).

The pant rise is to long for my taste, but seems to work for him.

I have no idea why he has treated a few so differently than others, but I have met him twice, and he was very generous with his time and energy and very kind towards my daughter and I. I bought very little, so it was a dollar factor.

He has a style and carries it well. If I tried to wear it, I would surely look like a clown!
But he does carry it off well the few times I have met him.

The relationships we have with retailers are odd and tricky. The first time I met the guys at Uomo Montreal I really did not like them at all. I have come to know them over the years and they are a great bunch of guys who I trust implicitly!
Who would have guessed after my first visit to the store!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads