• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kicking Mule Workshop 1950's photos

zackwool

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of KMW 1950's and I have to say that they are top notch. I just posted photos and a description over at my blog Dry Goods and Gear. I have had these for a week now, and they really live up to the hype. They are awesome quality and and great fit. I'm not sure why these don't get a little more chatter, because they're absolutely great.

Mark C.

Reaction score
zackwool,

Hey, I received some traffic from your Dry Goods and Gear site today. Thanks for adding oneculture to your blog roll
fistbump.gif
. I am deeply appreciative of the gesture
smile.gif

Your KMW's look good, by the way.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yah thank you for having me as well. I really appreciate it.
Best,
mauro

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting blog, zackwool. And your post made me notice something I didn't even pick up on initially when I received my 1980's last Friday (my first KMW's, through Atsui): the slanted rear belt loop. What is the purpose of this feature? I haven't seen this on other jeans I own from R&B, NdG, PBJ, etc.

Is this the SW&D equivalent of the split waistband debated over in MC? I'd usually pull a merkur here, but will refrain.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Interesting blog, zackwool. And your post made me notice something I didn't even pick up on initially when I received my 1980's last Friday (my first KMW's, through Atsui): the slanted rear belt loop. What is the purpose of this feature? I haven't seen this on other jeans I own from R&B, NdG, PBJ, etc.

Is this the SW&D equivalent of the split waistband debated over in MC? I'd usually pull a merkur here, but will refrain.

helps to prevent your belt pulling up over your waistband.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
the slanted rear belt loop. What is the purpose of this feature?

The slanted belt loop is meant to evoke old jeans, like Wranglers and the 50s 501; these had a slanted belt loop to avoid stitching through so many layers of denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads