• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, to answer my previous question, I emailed them and asked if they ship the charcoal suit to toronto as a MTM template, and yes they do (in case others are wondering). I just placed an order for the template suit, 4 squares and a grenadine tie. The real hard part is choosing how to break the news to my wife.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
I'm going to get my custom suit in a bluer navy. Does anyone here have experience with fabric TR7121 or TR 7089 from this lookbook? Does anyone have alternatives to suggest? I have to keep the price low (A-range), unless I don't get an extra set of trousers. This is my second navy solid suit, so I'm trying to get something a bit lighter. Options I expect to get: soft shoulder, limited pick stitching. Hacking pockets and hacking ticket pocket. Half-lined jacket. 4 kissing buttons. Pants will be pretty standard. Flat front. I'm undecided on lapel width. I like wide lapels, but I don't want to stand out too much at my workplace (which is quite conservative).
I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.

13g411

Reaction score
I'm considering another suit and I might opt for the wide lapels this time, the thing is that I wear a small size on my suit (appr. 38 US) and I don't want the lapels to stand out too much. Would appreciate any advice and/or thought.

Kind regards,

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering another suit and I might opt for the wide lapels this time, the thing is that I wear a small size on my suit (appr. 38 US) and I don't want the lapels to stand out too much. Would appreciate any advice and/or thought. Kind regards,

http://www.styleforum.net/t/151480/kent-wang-affiliate-thread/2565#post_6399311

My 38L with Wide Lapels. I'm growing to like it but I want a standard lapel navy with white horn buttons pretty soon here.

eta: I actually may get the wide lapels on my future brown houndstooth sports coat.. I just dropped $1200 or so on shoes this month so unfortunately it will have to wait. But I'm so excited to order it.

Last edited:

samadhi27

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I tossed out my old PRL polos a while ago and am looking to pick up some new ones for the summer. The KW ones look superb. Anyone a 38R in sportcoats care to comment on polo sizing and fit? The size chart suggests a L in polos.

scatterbrain

Reaction score

I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.

Thanks. It's good to hear that the basic fabrics are nice as well. In your photo, it looks bluer than the swatch in the look book.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It's good to hear that the basic fabrics are nice as well. In your photo, it looks bluer than the swatch in the look book.

Yeah I had the swatch book as well with that fabric, and I thought it looked pretty dark too. In my limited experience, it seems most swatches look a bit darker compared to how they eventually look when made up into a full suit.

Moloch38

Reaction score

I tossed out my old PRL polos a while ago and am looking to pick up some new ones for the summer. The KW ones look superb. Anyone a 38R in sportcoats care to comment on polo sizing and fit? The size chart suggests a L in polos.

I wear a 38R and prefer the Mediums. There is a pic of me in one several pages back, I've reattached. They are pretty much the only Polos I like to wear anymore (someone liked my white one so much they stole it at a resort pool) I have quite a few now, need to try out the rugby ones. I am 6'0 and 170'ish. A large may be a more relaxed look for you.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Pretty pissed to have my white KW polo stolen at the hotel pool at a wedding this weekend. One a better note, my new KW balmorals functioned flawlessly on the dance floor after a good spit shine.

Lame about the shirt. At least the thief had good taste!
biggrin.gif

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had the swatch book as well with that fabric, and I thought it looked pretty dark too. In my limited experience, it seems most swatches look a bit darker compared to how they eventually look when made up into a full suit.

This is my experience as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads