• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

herfitup

Reaction score
Ken Wang is one of the most gracious vendors I have ever dealt with. I needed a pocket square for my daughter's wedding next weekend. It was only a $20 purchase but I got a hand written thank you in the package and I was only charged $1 shipping, what it cost to send it in an envelope. I will purchase from Ken again.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What does that mean? How are you measuring the peak lapel?

The red line indicates how to measure a notch lapel. On our standard lapel option, this will be 3.5".

The peak lapel is a little harder to measure, but if you measure according to the red line, our standard lapel option which is 3.5" on a notch lapel will be 4" on a peak lapel.

Last edited:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is my most recent made-to-measure commission. As others would attest, Kent has been very gracious and helpful during the process, especially with measuring and providing insight. I think I've fiddled with most of the measurements, and I really like the results. I'm very happy with the craftsmanship as well as the comfort and fit of the suit. For anyone thinking of trying out Kent's MtM, I would highly recommend with full confidence. I'll be ordering several more from Kent, as I currently have the F/W fabric bunch :). The unfortunate photo quality is the best I can do for now, but I'll be sure to post more photos once I get a better camera. The last two photos depict the suit color most accurately. For those of you who are interested, I went with the 4.5'' notch lapels and unconstructed shoulders with spalla camicia. I know you guys have been wondering about the 4.5'' lapels-- In my opinion they are definitely not very extreme.

Kent, if you are lobbying to the suitmaker for possible changes, I'd really like to be able to raise the gorge (1-2cm) and to move the darts & pockets outward (1-2cm).

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is my most recent made-to-measure commission. As others would attest, Kent has been very gracious and helpful during the process, especially with measuring and providing insight. I think I've fiddled with most of the measurements, and I really like the results. I'm very happy with the craftsmanship as well as the comfort and fit of the suit. For anyone thinking of trying out Kent's MtM, I'd would highly recommend with full confidence. I'll be ordering several more from Kent, as I currently have the F/W fabric bunch :). The unfortunate photo quality is the best I can do for now, but I'll be sure to post more photos once I get a better camera. The last two photos depict the suit color most accurately. For those of you who are interested, I went with the 4.5'' notch lapels and unconstructed shoulders with spalla camicia. I know you guys have been wondering about the 4.5'' lapels-- In my opinion they are definitely not very extreme.
Kent, if you are lobbying to the suitmaker for possible changes, I'd really like to be able to raise the gorge (1-2cm) and to move the darts & pockets outward (1-2cm).

Looks good. Lapels aren't too wide, in fact, I like them. I agree with moving the pockets outwards.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great indeed! And I love the 4.5 inch lapels. The natural shoulders look good, too. I'm definitely a fan of minimal padding. Question for Kent: how big of a difference is there between the "soft" and "unconstructed" shoulder options on your suits? And what exactly is spalla camicia?

Last edited:

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Just got my suede chukkas in from Kent Wang today. Here's a pic!

The color is definitely the darker color posted on Kent's site. Love the beveled waist. Very nice quality.

FYI thank the Put This On post about fall chukkas - that is what inspired me to buy these. I've been eyeballing them for some time but for some reason, that put me over the limit.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yywwyy - very nice looking suit man....I agree, I think the wide lapels look awesome. I think after my next payday I'll be putting in a very large purchase with KW for a pair of shoes and a suit, possibly a shirt too. I've been wanting to try out the MTM shirting option for a while now.

Jsoftz - chukkas look killer, I love the shape of that last.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yywwyy - one question on your suit....what is the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement on your jacket? Mine would probably be about 18.25" or 18.5", so I'm trying to decide if the wide lapels would be too big for that shoulder size. I'm guessing if the shoulder measurement is really large, then wide lapels look OK, but if the shoulder is too narrow then 4.5" lapels may be too extreme.

Rich0116

Reaction score
Wait a second...these

6352705294_c6c4279c0c_b.jpg

are these...

??

I've been hesitating on a purchase because I thought the color was too dark. But if this is true....

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yywwyy - one question on your suit....what is the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement on your jacket? Mine would probably be about 18.25" or 18.5", so I'm trying to decide if the wide lapels would be too big for that shoulder size. I'm guessing if the shoulder measurement is really large, then wide lapels look OK, but if the shoulder is too narrow then 4.5" lapels may be too extreme.

You have a larger shoulder measurement than I do. Though I don't have an accurate measurement right now, I wear close to 36 in most brands. To note: As you saw with Kent's diagram, his lapels seem to be measured at a slant rather than horizontally across. I think this makes them slightly smaller than expected. This is why I felt the 3.5'' was too small and 4.5'' was not so big. Good luck with your suit- definitely a good decision.

Last edited:

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Kent, do you still expect to restock all sizes of the chukkas this month?

I, too, would be interested to know how true to color the chukka pic is compared to the website.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have a larger shoulder measurement than I do. Though I don't have an accurate measurement right now, I wear close to 36 in most brands. To note: As you saw with Kent's diagram, his lapels seem to be measured at a slant rather than horizontally across. I think this makes them slightly smaller than expected. This is why I felt the 3.5'' was too small and 4.5'' was not so big. Good luck with your suit- definitely a good decision.

Awesome, thanks so much for the explanation!

prozach1576

Reaction score

Wait a second...these
6352705294_c6c4279c0c_b.jpg

are these...

??
I've been hesitating on a purchase because I thought the color was too dark. But if this is true....

Exactly the same here. The color in that real-life photo is beautiful, although the color temperature looks a little hot and that may explain it.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Exactly the same here. The color in that real-life photo is beautiful, although the color temperature looks a little hot and that may explain it.
So what's the verdict, are they lighter?
If yo look at the photo on Kent's site they are way darker than the example above.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads