• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Anyone know if Aaron is on vacation/off? I have ordered something two weeks ago and I have not heard back. Obviously no problem to take some time off, just wanted to ask.
Back on. Have I replied to you? If not please send a message.

LearnasIgo

Reaction score
Back on. Have I replied to you? If not please send a message.
Hi Aaron, I put in an order for a custom suit (with the customization form on the website).

I'm just waiting for an email on your end/your team's end on how to proceed.

In the meantime, if you happen to see this.

Can you let me know what measurements I can obtain from my tailor that could help with the suit process? I can pay to have my tailor measure me and send in all the needed measurements to expedite the process.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Hi Aaron, I put in an order for a custom suit (with the customization form on the website).

I'm just waiting for an email on your end/your team's end on how to proceed.

In the meantime, if you happen to see this.

Can you let me know what measurements I can obtain from my tailor that could help with the suit process? I can pay to have my tailor measure me and send in all the needed measurements to expedite the process.

Hello!

The options form is not an order form. We could make that clearer.

But if you filled out the form just yesterday, I think I know who you are, and am now sending you an email.

LearnasIgo

Reaction score
Hello!

The options form is not an order form. We could make that clearer.

But if you filled out the form just yesterday, I think I know who you are, and am now sending you an email.
Thanks for the reply.

Just sent you an updated email with trial suit pics.

I think the 36R may be too snug (chest and potential for shoulders being snug in a couple of months) and the 30W trousers as well.

I guess in this case, would it be possible for me to return the trial suit for a refund? Then order a trial suit in 38R and 32 W trousers?

Last edited:

LearnasIgo

Reaction score
Do you guys think I should return the 36R trial suit and the the 30 W trousers? Then place another order for a 38R and 32 W?

Pics of trial suit

Duditz

Reaction score
Just got a cardigan delivered but it is quite itchy on my skin. Was it the same for you guys and does it completely go away after few washes?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got a cardigan delivered but it is quite itchy on my skin. Was it the same for you guys and does it completely go away after few washes?
No, it doesn't change much after washes.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Kent Wang I see the black polo in L is due to restock next week. Is that accurate? I need to buy within the next month before a trip and will have to decide to settle for a lesser option before too long.

LearnasIgo

Reaction score
Out of curiosity has anyone who has ordered recently had an issue with the final make of their made to measure to suit?

My order was incorrect (2 button ordered, received 1 button suit) and the trousers are significantly smaller than the trial ones I tried (requested adjustments for increases in the hips, seat, and thighs). Trousers cling to my glutes/thighs instead of draping over them. Final trousers bisect the rear as well

I'm assuming the KW team sent the instructions and measurements over, but was there a miscommunication at the factory/ with the maker?

New trousers

Trial trousers

Natural lighting new trousers

Last edited:

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Haven't quite gotten "into" pocket squares but discovered KW's offerings, love the ethos and trying to keep a balanced budget...

Read the posts on silk vs wool silk, but is there a rule of thumb for size? ex. go for the larger size if all silk, or larger size if jacket size >=EU50?

(Also: love the cat designs.... restock on the burgundy? or any more to come?)

Thanks!

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some silk squares have a slippery/wet texture, and may be more prone to falling down on their own. Wool silk tend to be less susceptible to that. But all in, I think 16 inch squares are more likely to stay in place versus 12/30cm, but I don't get too hung up on this - it isn't like I won't buy a 12 inch square due to its size

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't quite gotten "into" pocket squares but discovered KW's offerings, love the ethos and trying to keep a balanced budget...

Read the posts on silk vs wool silk, but is there a rule of thumb for size? ex. go for the larger size if all silk, or larger size if jacket size >=EU50?

(Also: love the cat designs.... restock on the burgundy? or any more to come?)

Thanks!
We'll restock the cat burgundy around August 30.

Just get the 13" silk pocket squares. They're the cheapest version and are perfectly good. The other versions are for esoteric menswear nerds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads