• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kelwatches

Reaction score
Do the polos shrink much when washed?

I am a bit taller, and the biggest issue with other brands of polos Ive purchased is that after a few washes with letting them hang to dry they lose their shape. The shirt becomes very "boxy" by shrinking in the length and stretching out in the width.

How are these polos for keeping their shape?

The polos keep their shape well. I have 3 of them, 2 short sleeves and 1 long.

Do wash in cold water and hang dry/lay dry to maintain the shape.

There are a few fabric which is thin, my purple one is thin, so that might be a factor when you choose your colors.

Goodman

Reaction score
I was at the trunk show and had a chance to try on the polos. Normally I would purchase a large but I sized up to XL for Kent's polos. The Large was tight around the armhole and body. Not crazy tight but enough that moving up to the XL was an easy decision as any shrinkage in the Large would equal a fail for me. I actually purchased the navy long sleeve polo from Kent at the trunk show and just received 3 short sleeve polos and 1 more long sleeve polo today which I order from the site Friday afternoon. Pretty quick turnaround.

Also purchased a suit and a pair of the Hand grade Sienna Monkstraps at the trunk show so I guess the folks at Barney's, Bergdorf's and Saks won't be seeing much of me any time soon.

Goodman

Reaction score
THANK YOU for posting this!

I actually got the exact same fabric (7089) for my upcoming wedding suit. Only changes are peak lapel, standard width, extensive pick stitching, 3 piece, and dark brown horn buttons. We were leaning towards 7087 at first but seeing your outdoor shots now, I'm glad we went with 7089. 7087 would have been far too light in direct sunlight for outdoor wedding photos.

It should be shipping in the next week or so; I cannot wait.

I'm interested in checking out 7089 as it seems pretty popular but I can't find it on the site. Can someone hit me with a link or point me in the right direction.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm interested in checking out 7089 as it seems pretty popular but I can't find it on the site. Can someone hit me with a link or point me in the right direction.

It's not on Kent's website. I would describe it as a true navy.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
It just isnt a fabric which can be added to the cart and processed in the checkout.

It is still a fabric which is available through request though.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So does that mean Kent no longer accepts order in 7089? Also, what's the characteristics of this fabric that distinguish itself from other solid navy fabrics that are on the website right now?

I think the pics I posted a few days ago showcase the fabric pretty well. Looks like a standard navy indoors, but the color pops and it looks brighter under direct sunlight.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent wang's site says

"Any combination of styling choice (collars, cuffs) and fabrics is possible."

Does this mean of the available selection on the site or are there options not displayed like the older striped shirts?

For my first shirt what's the most important measurement to focus on, neck or chest?
The only fabrics currently available are the RTW shirts on the website. We have access to several hundred fabrics but I need to photograph and organize them. They will be available in a few months.

Kent, ever think you'll make a dark brown blucher? I really want to purchase a pair of your shoes but think something less formal than your captoes would be more flexible in my current wardrobe. Something like the AE Kenilworth with your quality would be perfect.
Maybe in the distant future. The handgrade brogue fills that niche pretty well already, though it's a balmoral.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey kent any time frame for when you'll make a 48 sized jacket? Need MTM, my 12 drop sucks ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads