• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dgonsh

Reaction score
I picked up a Maroon Rugby, Navy Rugby, and Navy Polo from Kent (the navy's came separately when they were restocked last week). It's so bizarre. The two Navy's fit identically and perfectly for a size L. The Maroon however is far slimmer to the point where it highlights a little love handle I'm not too fond of. It's too late to return it as it got here a month or so ago. I just tried it on for the first time. Kinda disappointed in the discrepancy in fit but I am in love with the Navy rugby for both fit and quality and got huge compliments from people at the super bowl party i was at.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If there's a defect in the cut, then we'll replace it regardless of when you ordered it. Please email [email protected]

Kent, just to confirm, there's no ability to check stuff out in Houston is there? (swatches, shoes, whatever)
Correct. The Houston warehouse is not open to the public.

Are you in the bar business as well? You look like you should be at Patterson House in Nashville slinging drinks like that, good work!
No, just an amateur. Maybe when I'm rich I'll open my own cocktail bar. No pocket square, no admittance.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll have my fiancee take pictures when she comes home. My wedding tux came in from Kent, and it's beautiful. There are hardly any alterations to make. Kent's eye based on the trial suit is impressive. I'll definitely be ordering further suits. I'll probably only lengthen in the future.

I would probably suggest people consider a larger lapel option if you're going with the shawl. If that's an option, that is.

Hopefully someone posts roped shoulder pictures at some point. I want to see if I can cobble together a Kent Wang, saville row style suit as my next purchase (little padding, slight roping, lower button stance, good amt of waist suppression, etc).

Pictures added (kitchen is the only place with much light). I just threw it on with the other clothes I was wearing, so pardon the shirt and shoes

This is really awesome. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, yall. Agreed the lapel could be wider, in an ideal world, but this is how it came out and I'm not unhappy at all.

Kent, is this image (from the sale page for your studs) one of your tuxes with roped shoulders? Thanks:

Last edited:

13g411

Reaction score
Hey, I would need some help with fabric choice I was hooping that I might receive some from you guys.
I've have done the trail suit part and also received a finished suit in grey which I'm happy with, but now I want a blue/navy suit with in a formal look.
I would like the fabric to be as durable as possible without being casual. It will be worn in the office (work as a lawyer), any ideas?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.

Kent, is this image (from the sale page for your studs) one of your tuxes with roped shoulders? Thanks:
That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.

elstinnett

Reaction score
For navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.

That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.

I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?
Can't go wrong with that grey.

I don't have a recommendation for pinstripe fabrics, but if you go pinstripe be adventurous and go DB.

elstinnett

Reaction score
And get the roped shoulder so we can all see it!

I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for roped shoulders. I've got prominent shoulders with no slope. I went with soft shoulders on my navy suit. I'm not sure a roped, soft shoulder would work for me. Thoughts?

Can't go wrong with that grey.

I don't have a recommendation for pinstripe fabrics, but if you go pinstripe be adventurous and go DB.

I may, however, be adventurous enough to give a DB a try. I'll be seeing Kent in three weeks, so I guess I have some decisions to make!

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I have a navy suit, a grey suit, a black suit, and a khaki suit. They are all 2-button, single breasted. I think my next one from Kent may be a navy pinstripe DB.

Either that or i'm going to buy a summer weight navy blazer. I'd do that in either a fresco or a very heavy linen if he has it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads