• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are probably a step above even, as they have a channeled sole. C&J benchgrade does not.
Being picky about terms here, but C&J, even benchgrade, is channel soled, but you are comparing open to closed.

But yes, close channeled takes more work than open.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of us who are cordovan-obsessed, will we ever see cordovan shoes? I'd jump on a plaintoe balmoral in cordovan in an instant!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody gotten the roped shoulders? I'm thinking about doing an SC and I would like soft but roped shoulders like a Zegna jacket.

Wade

Reaction score
Kent-For suits instead of trying on one of your stock sizes and then sending it back to you with what we want changed, can we just ship you a suit that fits well so you can replicate the measurements?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those of us who are cordovan-obsessed, will we ever see cordovan shoes? I'd jump on a plaintoe balmoral in cordovan in an instant!
Not any time soon. I'm not a huge fan of cordovan shoes, and Horween cordovan would make a shoe very expensive.
Sorry if this has been covered, but when are you expecting to restock the Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoral in 11.5?
The plaintoe will be restocked in about six weeks. Email [email protected] and I'll let you know when it's in.
Kent-For suits instead of trying on one of your stock sizes and then sending it back to you with what we want changed, can we just ship you a suit that fits well so you can replicate the measurements?
No. There always errors when measuring a garment. It's much more accurate to work with the set of measurements we already have on file.

pickleweed

Reaction score
Hi Kent.

Ive been looking for a nice 3 piece, but am a suit rookie. I wouldnt feel very comfortable trying to describe changes Id like made over the internet. How comfortable would you be judging, and making adjustments from photos of your OTR suit, and would you recommend even going that direction? Do you have any plans of visiting and doing measurements in los angeles any time soon? thanks.

Badandy

Reaction score

Hi Kent.

Ive been looking for a nice 3 piece, but am a suit rookie.  I wouldnt feel very comfortable trying to describe changes Id like made over the internet.  How comfortable would you be judging, and making adjustments from photos of your OTR suit, and would you recommend even going that direction?  Do you have any plans of visiting and doing measurements in los angeles any time soon?  thanks.

Hey. I'm in Los Angeles and just bought one of KW's suits. I got sent the charcoal trial suit, which was a bit small but was very close to fitting perfectly. I took good photos of it and sent it off to both some tailors on this forum and to KW. Their changes described were almost identical and I agreed with the suggestions. The suit is due to be back to me in about a month. I have already promised to take pictures so I will update this thread when I receive it.

elstinnett

Reaction score
Hey. I'm in Los Angeles and just bought one of KW's suits. I got sent the charcoal trial suit, which was a bit small but was very close to fitting perfectly. I took good photos of it and sent it off to both some tailors on this forum and to KW. Their changes described were almost identical and I agreed with the suggestions. The suit is due to be back to me in about a month. I have already promised to take pictures so I will update this thread when I receive it.

Hi Kent.

Ive been looking for a nice 3 piece, but am a suit rookie. I wouldnt feel very comfortable trying to describe changes Id like made over the internet. How comfortable would you be judging, and making adjustments from photos of your OTR suit, and would you recommend even going that direction? Do you have any plans of visiting and doing measurements in los angeles any time soon? thanks.

Badandy's experience is very similar to mine. You can go back a few pages to see a photo of me (not a great one, either) with the changes Kent suggested. I should have my custom suit in about a week. I'll post back with my thoughts on how well the suit fits, but I'm fairly happy with the whole process. Kent was extremely helpful despite my lack of knowledge.

I'm also planning to go to the trunk show in NY on March 1st to have my measurements done in person for any future suits, assuming changes are needed, as well as shirts and polos.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So nobody knows if the roped shoulders are actually roped? or are the unconstructed w/o camicia rollino?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads