• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Is the construction of the grenadine four fold with wool interlining? And do all of the colours with the garza grossa weave have the same type of grossa weave or are they subtly different? Thanks.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in the Chambray pocket square but can anyone recommend (outfit wise) what to wear it with

I'm trying to think of diff outfit combo's

Cheers

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question, though it's probably been asked numerous times before.

I've been losing weight and need to replace my dress shirts, most of which are Brooks Brothers ESF and Charles Tyrwhitt trim fit. The CT shirts are just gigantic on me at 5'4 and 150, and the BB ESF shirt are still good around the chest but way too huge around the waist. I normally wear a 15" and am in between 32/33.

Given the above comments, do you think KW dress shirts would be a good place to start replacing my "old" dress shirts? (I like a slimmer fit, but nothing crazy)

Last edited:

Badandy

Reaction score
I think they'd be great for you. If the standard one doesn't fit he'll make it based on your measurements. The standard sizes taper quite a bit which fixed the problem that you're having.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I'm having Kent do a shirt for me while we speak. I got the white OCBD and it fit great at the shoulders and neck (most important part) and I measured other shirts that fit me well to make this one spot on. Usually they take about six weeks, I understand.

Badandy

Reaction score
I just bough the dark brown captoe balmorals and will definitely post pictures since there seem to be none on this site. I'm looking forward to receiving them and still curious about the quality (C&J bench?).

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I have those shoes and I love them, I'd say they are equivalent to C&J benchgrade quality, but much more affordable. I posted some pics here of my pair a month or two ago. If you scroll back a few pages you should see them.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found the pic of my KW captoes:

x-post from Rock Your Socks thread....KW brown captoes. These are seriously awesome:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I have those shoes and I love them, I'd say they are equivalent to C&J benchgrade quality, but much more affordable. I posted some pics here of my pair a month or two ago. If you scroll back a few pages you should see them.
They are probably a step above even, as they have a channeled sole. C&J benchgrade does not.

Badandy

Reaction score

They look great, very excited to receive them! I guess I should lace them to way you have them instead of criss-crossing...

I got an 8 in the KW since I wear an 8D in AE 5 last. Will update/confirm as to proper sizing along with some pics.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They came already laced this way, so I just left them the way they were. I think a balmoral looks a little more refined with bar lacing like this, great idea by Kent to ship them straight out to customers this way.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads