• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lofgren & Co. / Speedway: the Appreciation Thread

Kashiwa

Reaction score
I see. The chinos on the Speedway site have 3.5 less inches of front rise than the baker pants. I haven't tried them. You can shoot John an email at Speedway, I'm sure he'll let you know about how they fit.....

RuffyD

Reaction score
A bit confused about the inseam lengths of the chinos. The measurements on Speedway make it seem like these are cropped yet on Sivletto it seems like they're extra long (3 inch cuffs?)

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Confusing for sure.

The pants pictured on Silvetto are unwashed, so there should be 2cm more of shrinkage after the first wash.

Also, perhaps the Speedway measurements are off? It's a good question for John.

All I know is 82 cm is too short for me!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could say that about a lot of boots/shoes, no? I mean, really, how many different ways are there to make engineer boots? And they don't tan the leather themselves, do they?

You're paying partly for the materials, but the bulk of the price boils down to how much the maker's labor is worth.

I dunno, but people are buying them.

I may be buying a pair if I have the opportunity to get fitted. I hate boots that don't fit.

Last edited:

Kashiwa

Reaction score
mr Unicorn, have you handled the Lofgrens and the Lone Wolf's. Based on your statement, I already know the answer.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
I'm not saying you're "being biased" Edmund, I'm saying your fabricating your own truths. Why you are doing so? I don't know. What's your motive?

I've seen your posts on the Lofgren boots all over the forum-sphere. You went from saying they're made at the same factory as the Lone Wolf boots to now saying they're different, but "basically the same". Well, of course, they're "basically the same", they're both engineer boots! It's not like the Lone Wolf are bad boots, by any stretch of the imagination. Another fine option would be MOTOR. However, the Lofgrens are superior to both; both in my opinion as well as that of anyone I know who has inspected them (without some ulterior motive). Anyone who has picked them both up can see the obvious differences, including you, if you've actually done so. Whether those differences are worth the price difference is up to the buyer.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it matters that Lofgren and Lone Wolf use the same factory. That seems to imply that they are literally making the same boots and putting different branding on them. Even without seeing any of the product, I think this is inaccurate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads