• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joaquin Phoenix's fashion in Inherent Vice???

Benjaminmt81

Reaction score

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's wearing a costume. These are not be clothes you can just pick up in a store. Unless you want to know where to find clothes like them?

Benjaminmt81

Reaction score
He's wearing a costume. These are not be clothes you can just pick up in a store. Unless you want to know where to find clothes like them?
Sure...I just like the bright, kinda retro button ups and the chinos or whatever he's wearing. I am somewhat style illiterate. Sorry

Drewster

Reaction score
Inherent vice is great by the way lol. I do like his bright paid shirts and it's tempting me to get a few this spring.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the shirts I would look at some vintage Pendleton high Grade Westernwear plaid button ups. They are a little heavier than those in the film but they look close and would be good until the weather warms up.

Last edited:

queb

Reaction score
http://www.style.com/culture/entert...-vice-costume-designer-mark-bridges-70s-style

I remembered this thread when I read this interview. Pretty interesting and I really liked the wardrobe in the movie. Not so into the plaid shirt but the military surplus stuff and the embroidered shirts were cool. If you wanted to look like THAT you could just shop at military surplus stores and pick up some shirts from Neighborhood.

goldenbear

Reaction score
On a related note, it's amazing how fashions from the 70's, 60's, and even 50's are still emulated today; whereas fashion from the 80's and 90's are at best the subject of parody (V-Neck over a White T Shirt < hurl > ).

queb

Reaction score
On a related note, it's amazing how fashions from the 70's, 60's, and even 50's are still emulated today; whereas fashion from the 80's and 90's are at best the subject of parody (V-Neck over a White T Shirt < hurl > ).

There's plenty to be offered by both 80s and 90s fashion that is decent. The 80s did a lot of interesting things in terms of silhouette and also youth culture movements that generated a lot of stuff that's still getting heavily riffed on today. The 90s had grunge and rave culture, both of which have been ripped off by a ton of labels to varying degrees of success. I can't think of any good designers that would be producing work at all like what they're doing without the influences of 80s and 90s fashion. Possibly Dries?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads