• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

JonasSthlm

Reaction score
Hi,

New to JM Westons and just got this pair from a relative. Can anyone tell me about them? Model, age etc? Is it some systematic way to de-code the text in the shoe.

Not my usual style but they are super comfortable and the craftsmanship makes me happy;)

Please enlighten a newcomer to the world of JM Weston!

7A4392B1-005C-43AD-BE15-7F7808C292D9.jpeg C9B7D2C1-AE49-4ED0-A442-3A4B6E2FDEDD.jpeg

ijustknow

Reaction score
Hi,

New to JM Westons and just got this pair from a relative. Can anyone tell me about them? Model, age etc? Is it some systematic way to de-code the text in the shoe.

Not my usual style but they are super comfortable and the craftsmanship makes me happy;)

Please enlighten a newcomer to the world of JM Weston!

View attachment 1740266 View attachment 1740268
J.M.WESTON的编号信息如何解读 - fp (fupei.net)
I have written a tutorial, maybe you can use Google Translate to have a read.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
After thinking about for a while(a couple of months), finally plunged into a pair of lizard leather 180.
This time got them through Galeries lafayette's distant shopping service.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second pair of 180 loafers. They are a perfect fit for me right out of the box. Last Fall I bought the dark brown suede and then this Spring the pebble tan. This gives me two seasonal looks. I found the sizing recommendations on Mr Porter to be right on target.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If y'all could get one 180 loafer in one quintessential color, that could go from super casual with jeans to biz casual (not full suit, think trouser separates or chinos), which would it be and why?

MaE

Reaction score
That's a hard question to answer because we don't really know what you're used to wear. If you for example mainly wear raw denim and brown trousers (linen in SS and corduroy/flannel in FW) I think that black works really good. If you mainly wear chinos and grey slacks, I think that any color from mid to dark brown would work well. You might aswell consider suede and/or country calf instead of Weston's so called "boxcalf" that is rather smooth and shiny since a loafer with some texture/personality usually works well with more casual and business casual outfits.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If y'all could get one 180 loafer in one quintessential color, that could go from super casual with jeans to biz casual (not full suit, think trouser separates or chinos), which would it be and why?

This color works year-round. Wear with blue or white jeans, wonderful with tan/khaki, grey flannels, cords of just about any color, with or without socks. Not as stark as black and not as seasonal as tan. It has an old-school, Ivy vibe (60's) yet the shape of the 180 offers a smart, contemporary style.

If you were getting two pairs, then I would recommend one in suede. One in a lighter tan color for SS and a darker color for FW.

jm-weston-burgundy-180-The-Moccasin-Leather-Loafers.jpeg

laureth

Reaction score
Anyone been to the Weston stores in Paris recently? (The Champs-Élysées and Saint Honoré ones). If so, how was the Vintage stock?

bullethead

Reaction score
Was just there though I didn’t inquire on the vintage. My size dictates there is rarely anything for me. Just took delivery of the nut brown lizard, should be receiving the white calfskin this week. Because of the exchange rate, I’m seriously contemplating the alligator. As someone just mentioned-it’s now or never

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member