• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
we have just launched a new offering on Massdrop for our Madison penny loafer, as you can see at the link below

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/j-fitzpatrick-madison-loafers

Going for only $249.99 which is a heck of a deal!

Coming in sizes UK5-Uk12 with half sizes, widths in E & F (US D and EE)

Last edited:

doomx

Reaction score
@The Shoe Snob Any idea how the fit compares with Allen Edmond 5 last or Meermin Ron last?

purpleporing

Reaction score
stick to the same size as your 5 last

That's the one Park Avenue is on right?
I'm guessing it can depend on model/last etc. but I'm wearing the Madrona today in LPB, and the 7.5e UK is fitting me far better than the 8.5d US allen edmonds that I normally wear

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, the 5 last is the Park Ave. It's interesting to hear this as my standard US shoe size is 9.5, but in the 5 last I take a 9E. Would that indicate that I should order 8UK for any J Fitzpatrick shoes? I would have assumed that 8.5UK would have been the right choice.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's the one Park Avenue is on right?
I'm guessing it can depend on model/last etc. but I'm wearing the Madrona today in LPB, and the 7.5e UK is fitting me far better than the 8.5d US allen edmonds that I normally wear

I imagine your foot is broader and the AE's that you have fit more snug? The TMG loafer fits more snug than LPB

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quote:

Yes, the 5 last is the Park Ave. It's interesting to hear this as my standard US shoe size is 9.5, but in the 5 last I take a 9E. Would that indicate that I should order 8UK for any J Fitzpatrick shoes? I would have assumed that 8.5UK would have been the right choice.

our loafers fit more narrow. For example, I fit snug in my 6.5 oxfords and fit snug in my 7 loafers (both E width). And that is because the UK7 loafer is really a UK6.5 last. I did this because most men wear their shoes too big and when taking the same size in their loafer as they do their oxfords, they are usually flying right out of them. Therefore, I sized them down so that people stick with their typcial size and fit just right instead of having to size down (you tell some men to size down and they won't do so out of stubborness of not wanting to have 'smaller' feet).

Therefore, if you are typically a US9.5, then yes, I would stick to the UK8.5 in our loafer. I hope that this helps.

shoesforever

Reaction score
Hey Justin,
I know that you keep striving to make your rtw line shoes better every day. For example by sourcing the best leather from different tanneries yourself and changing from celastic to leatherboard, which is pretty unique in this price class. Could you give som more insight into what other changes/improvements you have done since launching your rtw shoes?

purpleporing

Reaction score
I imagine your foot is broader and the AE's that you have fit more snug? The TMG loafer fits more snug than LPB

Yes this is true. Instep and width are problems for AE. I should probably go wide on AEs but I don't think I'm buying any more of them... keeping one pair of Park Avenues for nostalgia purposes but everything else I'll just wear out and replace eventually.

By the way, Madrona MTO (yes, custom medallion that many on this site would disapprove of and no one would ever get)

IMG_1326.JPG

One of my two favorite pairs of shoes right now (other being an Enzo Bonafe MTO) in terms of fit, comfort, and looks. I'll take everyone's word about the construction as I'm no expert in it. There are some extremely minor imperfections that I noticed after the first few days when I looked way closer but none of them affect daily wear or aesthetics.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK finally I can post.

Received my Mercer boots from ebay this past Monday.

The Black looked new the Burgundy new but tried on and walked in for sure.

But really I wish they had come faster I could have taken them on vacation with me. The boots are once again fantastic and fit as if molded to my foot. What a great boot easy to wear all day long.

Seems to be a bug images post 2x even when you insert only 1.

View attachment 132520
IMG_20170417_195959.jpg
IMG_20170417_200014.jpg
IMG_20170417_200025.jpg
IMG_20170417_200044.jpg
IMG_20170417_200057.jpg
IMG_20170417_200108.jpg
IMG_20170417_200108.jpg
IMG_20170417_200057.jpg
IMG_20170417_200044.jpg
IMG_20170417_200025.jpg
IMG_20170417_200014.jpg

IMG_20170417_195959.jpg
View attachment 132520

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Justin,
I know that you keep striving to make your rtw line shoes better every day. For example by sourcing the best leather from different tanneries yourself and changing from celastic to leatherboard, which is pretty unique in this price class. Could you give som more insight into what other changes/improvements you have done since launching your rtw shoes?

well leather is first and foremost. Some of the leather I use is the most expensive in the industry i.e. weinheimer black and grain (used by G&G and other top firms), Ilcea Museum calf (used by John Lobb and many others) etc. What separates them and myself now is how much of a hide they will cut versus how much I will cut. They will use 1/3 of it, I will use all of it. Therefore the shoes are simply more expensive due to the wastage and the perfection of cut. So something that I am trying to do is cut the leather better. This is something historically the Spanish factories do not do as well as the English and Italian ones. I am trying to change that (at least for my factory).

I am trying to implement toe taps added to every pair of leather soled shoes

There are many small details that I do to try and enhance the shoe, processes in the shoemaking to make it more 'handgrade'.

It's hard to write it all.

shoesforever

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind reply, Justin. Always nice to hear something first hand and to know how a company might improve on their shoes over time. Toe taps included on the leather soles would be awesome. We have so much gravel here in Norway due to all the ice during winter and that really takes a toll on leather soles.

Butterfeet

Reaction score
While toe taps are welcome to someone like me who wears out the tips of the soles really quickly, I don't think it will receive universal acceptance, because it does make the shoes more slippery in my experience. Metal on floor generates little friction.

Allowing the option to include it for free is absolutely welcome though :-D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads