• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

seany

Reaction score
The Saint James sweaters were sent to Mr. Freedom to make them better.

It's a collab on top of a collab !

crazyyy

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah okay, thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if J.Crew gets some "inspiration" from brands like EG. I'd actually be more surprised if I found out they didn't. Some of the things JCrew comes out with seriously looks just like a watered down version of EG's garments.

Regardless, I have to say that the JcrewxSt JamesxMFSC collab sounds pretty cool.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I am pissed they haven't made any Medium Talls, fixed the fit of the Ludlow jackets, or made a decent navy or charcoal suit,
I am VERY pleased that I now have 20+ options for slim non-jean pants for under $70.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus
This is now funny because someone posted about buying a small in the F/W 09 thread. He didn't say whether or not he bought online but if he did... That would be funny.
It is interesting, indeed.
Actually, he pm'd me and said that if a small doesn't work for him when received, he would let me know.
Somehow, the evil "me" wishes the size small doesn't work out. LOL
fight[1].gif

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I went to a local store today trying to find a peacoat, and saw a beautiful s/s madras shirt which is not listed online.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought their finale sale was all dried up they stack it up all over again. Thank you extra30.

I didn't know Jcrew carried the Alden Indy on their website.

And has anyone ever returned a final sale item? How strict are they about it?

seany

Reaction score
Well im sure its slim fit, I wear Smalls (and a few extra smalls) in their Secret Wash shirts.

This fit bigger then their secret wash shirts, it fit in my opinion like their flannel shirts from this winter. Which ran half a size bigger in my opinion.

But anyway the material on the Nailhead Oxford was very amazing. J.Crew is just killing it this season.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried on the madras shirts yet? I'm in between XS and S in Secret Wash shirts (or at least the few I've tried), but XS utility shirts (chambray, etc.) fit me perfectly. Guessing from the pics that the madras fit like Secret Wash, though
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads