• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Football Season boys!!!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
What's the difference between an apologist and a fan? You've said this a few times when we have this exchange, but for all intents and purposes you cheer for Tech. Doesn't that make you a fan? The Redcoat Band Chant is awesome. Though when I read your post I realized that I can't remember what the actual last line is. "Drunk obnoxious Georgia fan" is the only one I/my friends use.
I don't really like Tech. I don't really care if they have success or not. I just root against Georgia (I hope they never win) and that means when they play I support Tech. I also played rugby for Tech in college. That's also the version I sing. Edit: As I've told people my biggest allegiance is to whichever team allows me to shout the most.

Korben

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Korben
I would say the 2nd most storied program ever Bama is playing in the championship game.

Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Not hate.... Just 'second most storied' is rather precise. 'one of the most storied' would not have elicited a response. But saying it like you did implies you have made a quantitative evaluation and only ND measures up. I think the SEC and BAMA do have great tradition, but so do all those other schools I mentioned. I think all the teams that have a truly national following are on pretty equal ground.

Off that list, I know off hand UM claims 12 titles and tOSU claims 7 on all our propaganda, so that list is inflated near the top.

^ I did say, "I would say the second most storied" - meaning my opinion. I agree with you many programs have great traditions. However ND, Bama, and USC to me are just at the upper crust. Keep in mind I am a Tennessee fan.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Go DAWGS!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Edit: As I've told people my biggest allegiance is to whichever team allows me to shout the most.

Heh. Fair enough. Though I'd think that would lead to being a Georgia fan, especially when the other option is Tech.

Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Go DAWGS!

Originally Posted by nerdykarim
+1

+2!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As the little one is thumping me at Wii NCAA football...I get this news. Great.

Next year....next year.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Next year....next year.

The life of an Aggie.
facepalm.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
The life of an Aggie.
facepalm.gif

Tell me about it. I was having drinks with a mentor - also an Aggie - but easily a generation before me - and he was proud that we just showed up against Texas this year and gave them a good game.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I don't really like Tech. I don't really care if they have success or not. I just root against Georgia (I hope they never win) and that means when they play I support Tech. I also played rugby for Tech in college.

That's also the version I sing.

Edit: As I've told people my biggest allegiance is to whichever team allows me to shout the most.

It's funny to me that people who actually played for the school are often less enthusiastic fans than the couch potatoes who root for them.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
eh, what's the deal with Leach at Tech???

Yeah, it's a weird situation there . . . One of the players, apparently the son of Craig James (the football analyst) suffered from a concussion while practicing and the proper protocols were not followed by Leach and his staff with this kid to ensure the best recovery - this all happening in the wake of an apparent "new" awareness college football has on the sequela of concussions.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Tech has acted disproportionally to the claims because . . . no, nevermind, that's stupid.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a weird situation there . . . One of the players, apparently the son of Craig James (the football analyst) suffered from a concussion while practicing and the proper protocols were not followed by Leach and his staff with this kid to ensure the best recovery - this all happening in the wake of an apparent "new" awareness college football has on the sequela of concussions.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Tech has acted disproportionally to the claims because . . . no, nevermind, that's stupid.

The accusation is that James was left in a closet for 3 or so hours. This doesn't sound good for Leach, especially since this is the son of Craig James. Also Leach has had other problems there that doesn't help his situation. If the player was someone other than James, then..... Oh, how stupid of me.
baldy[1].gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The accusation is that James was left in a closet for 3 or so hours. This doesn't sound good for Leach, especially since this is the son of Craig James. Also Leach has had other problems there that doesn't help his situation. If the player was someone other than James, then.....

Left in a closet???

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Left in a closet???
According to the family, an electrical closet. According to Leach it was a room, and for no more than 2 hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads