• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issue with apartment management

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
rotflmao.gif

Do you live in a field, with no other people within a ten mile radius?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Sure, I guess if he just kept the volume very low, he'd stay out of trouble, but in the same vein why should he?

The obvious answer is because his actions are having a direct, negative impact on someone else's quality of life.

There's a big difference between the kind of temporary, anonymous ambient noise one hears in a city from traffic, etc., or the kinds of incidental noise of doors closing and floors creaking that one hears when living in close quarters, and the kind of steady low-frequency noise generated by a neighbor's subwoofer which, as others have noted, is generally powerful enough to travel through most building materials, even at relatively low volumes. Quite frankly, if you live in an apartment building and have any regard for your neighbors, you shouldn't use a subwoofer, as it's nearly impossible to contain the noise you generate to your own living space.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
Quite frankly, if you live in an apartment building and have any regard for your neighbors, you shouldn't use a subwoofer, as it's nearly impossible to contain the noise you generate to your own living space.
I realize that now. I maintain that there was a more simple way to have it explained to me than calling the police.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
This has happened to me in the past, although the police were not involved. Thankfully the law in the UK is quite clear with regard to noise.
There is no specific laws relating to noise, but there are times when 'public disturbance' is not permitted, generally this is 11pm-4am Sunday-Thursday, though it can differ in some areas.
What is good about the law is that it is 'public disturbance' that is illegal, not the noise itself, so unless the person complaining has informed the person causing the noise that it is causing them disturbance, the police will not get involved.
What was strange about when people have spoken to me about noise is that once it was the noise of my washing machine running that caused them disruption, in this instance I sarcastically thanked them for waking me up, and told them that if they thought that me running the washing machine was an effort on my part to cause disruption, they could take it up with the police, suffice to say I did not hear anything about the issue again. To spite the person, I ran my washing machine again at 2am and 4am.

Grow up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads