• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it that wrong to wear women's clothing?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally approve. While I haven't done so yet, I've borrowed a few cardigans and pairs of jeans from female friends and they looked good. I assume coats would also be good.

Just be careful, because a lot of women's wovens are cut to give you a feminine shape. It's important not to wear shirts that are cut to give you breasts and hips. Similarly, a lot of women's sweaters are fuller or ruched around the breasts; avoid these.

A few women's shirts I seen have been good though, and I like a lot of the details in women's clothing: (very low) heels, half-belted backs, and slim cuts in general. The general freeness of fabric and texture are really nice as well, although menswear is generally made with better fabrics than womenswear.

But yeah, do it, especially if you're skinny or small. Better than wearing some bullshit robe of a shirt from J Crew.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I totally approve. While I haven't done so yet, I've borrowed a few cardigans and pairs of jeans from female friends and they looked good. I assume coats would also be good.

Just be careful, because a lot of women's wovens are cut to give you a feminine shape. It's important not to wear shirts that are cut to give you breasts and hips. Similarly, a lot of women's sweaters are fuller or ruched around the breasts; avoid these.

A few women's shirts I seen have been good though, and I like a lot of the details in women's clothing: (very low) heels, half-belted backs, and slim cuts in general. The general freeness of fabric and texture are really nice as well, although menswear is generally made with better fabrics than womenswear.

But yeah, do it, especially if you're skinny or small. Better than wearing some bullshit robe of a shirt from J Crew.

Also, if you have a small dick, nothing wrong with just slipping on a pair of panties from the women's section. Better than wearing some bullshit tent of a pair of underwear from J. Crew.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Keep away from silk thongs, the silk feels nice cradling the ol' 'nads but the thong bit is a bit of a bastard as it has a tendency to work it's way right into the crack of your arse.

This sounds too much like first hand experience.
teacha.gif

kwoyeu

Reaction score
necro-bumping to see if anyone has experience sizing women's clothes, in particular cardis (which OP and makeshift_robot seem to have positive experience with)
eyeing the two below, love the color/styling and don't mind feminine details. my waist is 28 and chest 36, so is women's size 10 going to fit me?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a sweater that zips on the wrong side (though unlike buttons, you can't tell...not that I would notice buttons on a dudes sweater)

It is either just backwards or it is the biggest womens size M I have ever seen
smile.gif

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
On a related note, women wearing men's clothing kind of turns me on a little. Is that wrong?

Definitely not, especially when she wearing your shirt from the night before.
laugh.gif

Nothing wrong with women clothing if it fits and there are no distinguishable features that suggest it really is for women. I'd declare all those as unisex even if they're from the women's section. I have a few "women's" woolen scarves I wear and there's nothing to suggest they're women really.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the clothing items are from a popular local store, then that itself could lead to recognition later and therefore makes it a bad idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics