• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

boogienat0r

Reaction score
Thank you!

I have another issue: When I raise my arms in the air, I feel a strong resistance around the triceps area. Whats the reason for that? Is the armhole too small? On my current armhole, there is no room for just a finger between armpit and armhole. I read that it should be around two fingers.

Last edited:

LorenzL

Reaction score

half canvas or full canvas?also what is the fabric from Indochino

It's a kind of hybrid, closest to what is traditionally called half-canvas but includes some fusing. No one really knows why they use their "own" method. Fabrics are Chinese milled for most of the Essential suits, but you can have proper Australian Merino Wool and Reda fabrics for the more expensive suits.

Oh also, they do have a new Summer Collection now. Rather pricey, but the nice thing is that you can order the blazers half-lined now.

boogienat0r

Reaction score
has someone an idea, what could be the reason for the wrinkles at the back/neck ?
not enough material?

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a kind of hybrid, closest to what is traditionally called half-canvas but includes some fusing. No one really knows why they use their "own" method. Fabrics are Chinese milled for most of the Essential suits, but you can have proper Australian Merino Wool and Reda fabrics for the more expensive suits.

Oh also, they do have a new Summer Collection now. Rather pricey, but the nice thing is that you can order the blazers half-lined now.
They do it because it's cheap and easy to mass-produce. It's the same reason for why they're so fickle when it comes to feature adjustments. If you get too technical, wage expenses go up.
has someone an idea, what could be the reason for the wrinkles at the back/neck ?
not enough material?

Do your shoulders hunch forward?

Last edited:

boogienat0r

Reaction score
Hello VinnyMac,

Sorry my english is not the best at all, but I assume you mean a hunch posture like number 4. in this picture here? :

I think you could be right. I dont think its just too less material, because the suits on the models on their website are fit much more snug than mine, and there are of course no wrinkles.

qbgoose

Reaction score
  • After purchase, you will receive a Gilt City voucher via email with a unique ten-character voucher number.
  • Please wait until you receive your official Gilt City voucher to contact the vendor and redeem this offer.
I'm still waiting myself.

Hey all,

As mentioned earlier, I purchased the indochino deal a few months back that was on Gilt City. The voucher says it expires on April 30th, but I tried to order today (April 28th) and IndoChino says the voucher ID that I entered is no longer valid. Can't get through to a gilt city rep, and time is running out. Any advice?

LorenzL

Reaction score

Hey all, 

As mentioned earlier, I purchased the indochino deal a few months back that was on Gilt City. The voucher says it expires on April 30th, but I tried to order today (April 28th) and IndoChino says the voucher ID that I entered is no longer valid. Can't get through to a gilt city rep, and time is running out. Any advice?

Write Indochino, it's their system that sets the validity date of the coupon code and I'm sure they will reactivate it for you.

LorenzL

Reaction score
VinnyMac, right, in the end this always comes down to a financial issue one way or the other. Still, other MTM suit makers manage a proper half-canvas as well and offer full canvas for a premium.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello VinnyMac,

Sorry my english is not the best at all, but I assume you mean a hunch posture like number 4. in this picture here? :

I think you could be right. I dont think its just too less material, because the suits on the models on their website are fit much more snug than mine, and there are of course no wrinkles.
Yes. I meant the 4th (or 3rd) picture. That could be what's causing pulling in the back. Adding to the shoulders may solve the problem in the back, but it may make the front view look bad.
VinnyMac, right, in the end this always comes down to a financial issue one way or the other. Still, other MTM suit makers manage a proper half-canvas as well and offer full canvas for a premium.
Agreed...but, from what I've seen, most of those other companies (that offer higher quality online mtm suits) have very basic (if not shxtty) website layouts and do very little advertising. Their advertising and promotional expenses are probably MUCH lower than Indochino's, so they can afford to allocate the money to production-related things (material and labor). Indochino has average quality, but they try to off-set it with marketing.

Personally, I think that they're fine for what they are.

nautikal

Reaction score

Yes. I meant the 4th (or 3rd) picture. That could be what's causing pulling in the back. Adding to the shoulders may solve the problem in the back, but it may make the front view look bad.

You can also see if they can use a separate half back measurement. If your shoulders are rotated forward it will cause tightness across the upper back.

darryl20

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I tried their regular shirts a few years back and the fabric's quite thin. But they also have the premium shirts, cost a bit more but those are just one of the best quality shirts I've worn.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also see if they can use a separate half back measurement. If your shoulders are rotated forward it will cause tightness across the upper back.
A lot of MTM companies will do that. Indochino may do it by request. I'll have to ask them. I have the opposite of OP's problem. My shoulders are more pulled back (last picture), so the yoke (back of shoulders) measurement needs to be a bit smaller so that the shoulders don't look too big from the back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How is Indochino on their remake policy? I ordered the essential navy suit and the pants were very very tight around my thigh. The tailor I took them to said she could fix them, however they are still super tight. Am I SOL on having indochino do a remake for free?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dialdesk