• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
He's coming from Portland to see a Barry McGee retrospective. Just put him anywhere in the Mission, or maybe Oakland.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

He's coming from Portland to see a Barry McGee retrospective. Just put him anywhere in the Mission, or maybe Oakland.

Or in a "I just got back from Black Rock and haven't had a chance to wash the playa dust off yet" RV parked on the Embarcadero.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wish I could. Maybe the powers that be are listening.

You can. When you look at the threads list, double-click right next to the thread title (i.g. to the right of "Francisco.", don't click the hyperlink) and you can change the title

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm with manton ... i've got a friend who lives in the piedmont. when she's asked where she that is, she says "if i want sympathy, I tell people it's oakland; if i want to impress someone i tell them it's berkeley."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
really? To anyone who knows, saying "Piedmont" is more impressive than Berkeley. Piedmont is like the Palo Alto of the East Bay. Architecturally, it is spectacular. Lots of pre-WWI Maybeck and Morgan homes. It's the best of Berkeley without a trace of the worst of Berkeley.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should have been clear: she was talking about people outside the bay area. which people inside the bay area must do ... occasionally, if only under protest.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But what are you looking for? Tragically hip? View of the bay? Cheap? Tech bigtimer?

200$/night or there abouts. modern/design/younger crowd a plus. got a corporate discount @ the clift, so maybe there? basically going to see art, eat and drink/party, so if anyone has some must check out spots, do tell. Its been a couple years since Ive been. Any choice foods we cant get up here in pdx?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can. When you look at the threads list, double-click right next to the thread title (i.g. to the right of "Francisco.", don't click the hyperlink) and you can change the title

I thought there was a time limit on changing titles. Maybe that was the old system.

Since they don't allow profanity in thread titles I'm open to ideas.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Since they don't allow profanity in thread titles I'm open to ideas.

lefty 

"Why are all these idiots waiting in line?"

"Hey, there's a naked guy!" "So?"

"How have you been harassed by a homeless man today?"

"Why I hate this restaurant, part..."

"Wait, why won't you eat this perfectly good food?"

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

San Francisco coffee shop Four Barrel has laid the law down on hipsters patronizing their outdoor coffee outlet, Alley Barrel, in order to keep things peaceful between them and their neighbors.

The coffee shop will no longer tolerate littering, dirty dishes left outside and rowdy customers at their premises—rules that most coffee shops would enforce.

However, they also prohibit customers from talking about “annoying hipster topics like who they f###ked last night”.

When hipsters protested by sharing the poster on Instagram—the coffee shop had to step in by introducing a new rule: “No posting this on Instagram, you hipster”.

+1
lefty

Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 Barrel have the reputation of being the coffee version of the Soup Nazi.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to order a coffee without making the clerk cry. Perhaps I should try this place out. I do like their Antigua Guatemala coffee.

lefty

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
BTW, I totally went native on my recent trip to NorCal. I brought my own shopping bags to the store everywhere I went.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads