• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you think men are better looking than they really are or the opposite?

Rufian

Reaction score
I feel that for women is the opposite, because of social media and the way society aka constant male attention, most women probably think they are dimes and 10s, and that men should be thankful to be in their presence, when in reality they may just be slightly above average, but for men, it may be different. I've been told I'm good looking but its hard to know for sure or if they're just being nice, I just don't see it in the mirror, especially if you are a person who is introvert, reserved, kinda shy or had problems with self-esteem and self-confidence

chances are you may have no idea how great you really are in so many aspects and people around you may see more in you than you see in yourself, but since you are too much in your head or too critical with yourself, you don't give yourself enough credit for all the good things you have, not just your appearance, but your talents and positive traits, that's what happens when you lived in a life with bad experiences, family issues, abandonment, etc

You just don't realize how good you are and it sucks that society doesn't acknowledge men and only praises and caters women for everything. Men are expected to just suck it up, toughen up, be a man. People expect you to just perform and produce and no one really cares if you have an issue within you. No one cares about your feelings.

I've been kinda depressed for years, over time, as life gets better for you, like you have more money, more friends, you become more of a happy person and see life in a better light and become less depressed, but is hard to forget all the **** that happened in your past, you can "overcome" and put it behind you, but you never forget it and the damaged it caused is irreversible.

This is why I feel like others see in me, more than I see in myself, like when you have women who like you or think you're a great guy, but you don't realize it and feel like you're not good enough for them because of your bad upbringing, had parents who put you down your whole life, mistreated you, abandoned you, beat you as a kid, told you were never going to be anything, etc

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The old research on men indicated inflated attractiveness self-ratings, but social media might have changed that and there's plenty of evidence that men are more concerned with how they look than they used to be. Women seem to have self-criticism and vain pride simultaneously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads