• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Realest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
You're wearing them wrong then.

plain.gif
after making that statement I hoped you would tell me how to lol

but nothing

Realest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unclegrandfather
Please don't be tempted to take sand paper to the areas you want to fade. It rarely turns out well, even if you just do it a little bit. Enjoy each stage in the life of your jeans. Like you said, naturally is the key word.

naw i would'nt do that it might damage the jeans

o yeh and I dont wash them too much so thats not it either
eh.gif

Realest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
wear them hard. sit on a sidewalk and scooch your ass like a dog

oooo i get what u mean so the honeycombs come in
satisfied.gif

but how do I get whiskers

is it the same way too?

BOF

Reaction score
You get whiskers by sitting in the jeans. Assuming you don't have them sagged so low that they don't fold when you sit, you'll get whiskers.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Realest
oooo i get what u mean so the honeycombs come in
satisfied.gif

but how do I get whiskers
wink.gif
is it the same way too?

Originally Posted by BOF
You get whiskers by sitting in the jeans. Assuming you don't have them sagged so low that they don't fold when you sit, you'll get whiskers.

facepalm.gif
@Realest__ don't be like "watching paint dry"... if you wear them, they will come.
wink.gif

Realest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BOF

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
facepalm.gif
@Realest__ don't be like "watching paint dry"... if you wear them, they will come.
wink.gif

Alright thanx i dont wear them sagged that low so ill just do what you guys told me thanks

smile.gif

aoluffy

Reaction score
can anyone here please explain slubbiness? a friend of mine said its hairy, which seems a little offputting. but 99% of posts I read always praise slubbiness so I'm guessing theres more to it to make it attractive/wanted?

(debating between first pair of raw denim being PBJs or APCs/other brand).

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
slubbiness comes in several forms: one is the hairy effect you get on denim. Eternal is known for their hairy slubby denim.

second type is more of a volcanic/bumpy form. it can be slightly striated with shades of other colors coming out of the denim . PBJ and Oni does this. PBJ also has some hairy denim too.

another type is where you have little tufts of white coming out of the denim like pepper/salt effect. sugarcane has this type of denim and it is really sweet. i think samurai texas cotton is like this as well.

BOF

Reaction score
Slubs are irregularities in the yarns used to weave the denim. It is generally seen as a good thing in that it provides a unique texture. As for looking at APC or PBJ, you're looking at opposite ends of the spectrum for slubs... APC couldn't be more smooth, while PBJ is very slubby.

aoluffy

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.

has anyone got closeup pictures of PBJ-005s? all the pics i've seen, I can't tell of any hairiness in the denim which would look distasteful.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Realest
naw i would'nt do that it might damage the jeans

o yeh and I dont wash them too much so thats not it either
eh.gif

This is your problem. You've just indicated that you washed your raw denim. Don't wash them at all until you see some level of fades. You can wash them ever so often and they will still fade but there isn't going to be erection-worthy contrast. Sounds like you're looking for erection-worthy fadez.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aoluffy
thanks for the replies.

has anyone got closeup pictures of PBJ-005s? all the pics i've seen, I can't tell of any hairiness in the denim which would look distasteful.

this is a photo of a one-wash xx005 i had while back.

you cant really see the hairiness unless you are up close. it is fine.

Picture054-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member