• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I found a cat.

Germanicus

Reaction score
Nice cat, I suppose it's a male.

Take it to a local doctor, maybe it has a chip or he even knows the cat. If you want to feed it, give it some dry ham, nothing with too much salt or cat food, but not wet one.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just shared a can of tuna for dinner (the cat ate most of it)

Also, I just found out that the neighbors are on vacation and the cat has been outside for a few days. Hopefully they get back soon.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to self plug a picture of my cats because I like them that much.

DSC_0066.jpg

Mr T

Reaction score
Someone more ambitious than myself should start a pet thread.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought him a litterbox and some dry catfood. I'm going to have him until Saturday at the latest.
I really really hope he ***** in the litterbox and not on the floor. Does anyone have any tips here?

I haven't yet decided if he's going to sleep in my bathroom or my office.

Also, how do I know when to stop giving him food? He eats everything in sight and trolls the kitchen for more.

utjtl21

Reaction score
Nice cat. The SO and I took in 2 strays last June. I think that our cats were abandoned because they seemed to get the idea of the litterbox. If the cat is your neighbors or domesticated, I would say the litterbox will not be a problem. As for eating, kittens eat more frequently than adult cats. If your cat hasn't eaten in a few days, I would expect it to eat a little more tonight. We give the cats about 8 ounces of wet food a day and they seem fine. I'm sure the cat will be fine to sleep in either place. Good Luck.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
DSC_0066.jpg

Beautiful cats Jet.
inlove.gif
Are they siblings?

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I bought him a litterbox and some dry catfood. I'm going to have him until Saturday at the latest. I really really hope he ***** in the litterbox and not on the floor. Does anyone have any tips here? I haven't yet decided if he's going to sleep in my bathroom or my office. Also, how do I know when to stop giving him food? He eats everything in sight and trolls the kitchen for more.
Just show him the litter box and maybe stir up the (clean) litter so he sees that he can do the same and bury his ****. We picked up a stray and she picked it up right away. Just read the food label and it will say how much to give per pound. Good luck. Our stray is fantastic. Really chill and affectionate...I think she was just grateful to be taken off the street.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I bought him a litterbox and some dry catfood. I'm going to have him until Saturday at the latest.
I really really hope he ***** in the litterbox and not on the floor. Does anyone have any tips here?

Also, how do I know when to stop giving him food? He eats everything in sight and trolls the kitchen for more.

Let us know how he does with the litterbox. If you pick him up and put him in it to make sure that he knows where it is (and don't move it subsequently), I would be surprised if his instinct doesn't kick in and he uses it, even if he is a stray, which from the look of him he's not.

I would put out a bowl full of food to begin with. Unlike dogs, cats don't eat everything in one gulp. They usually nibble and leave a little behind for later. If he's eating everything in sight and still trolling he's still hungry.

+1 to the poster(s) who said not to worry about not giving him enough attention. Unless you leave him alone for days on end, he'll be fine. And if you do that, you deserve whatever you come home to.

Originally Posted by JetBlast

DSC_0066.jpg

My g/f got a cat that looked exactly like that (maybe hers has eyes that are a bit more yellow). I have a Maine **** who is so sweet that she wanted a cat for herself. We're walking around downtown Seal Beach and see a cat wander into one of the shops. We go in to pet it and the owner says it's hers and that she has some kittens that someone gave her that need a home. My g/f was nervous about it, but I told her that I wold take it if it didn't work out. When she brought him home he was so tiny that he literally fit in the palm of my hand and you could barely hear him mew (she named him Oobie beacause his meow sounded more like an ooooh). Now it's 2 years later and he's still small for his age but as active as a monkey. And my g/f has gotten a white one to keep him company. And they pretty much ignore each other except for when they're chasing each other around. And because it was the second cat she named it Newbie. Oobie and Newbie.

The moral of the story is, keep the cat. Love the cat. Cherish the cat.

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
If you pick him up and put him in it to make sure that he knows where it is (and don't move it subsequently), I would be surprised if his instinct doesn't kick in and he uses it, even if he is a stray, which from the look of him he's not.

I would put out a bowl full of food to begin with. Unlike dogs, cats don't eat everything in one gulp. They usually nibble and leave a little behind for later. If he's eating everything in sight and still trolling he's still hungry.

+1 to the poster(s) who said not to worry about not giving him enough attention. Unless you leave him alone for days on end, he'll be fine. And if you do that, you deserve whatever you come home to.

My g/f got a cat that looked exactly like that (maybe her has eyes that are a bit more yellow). I have a Maine **** who is so sweet that she wanted a cat for herself. We're walking around downtown Seal Beach and see a cat wander into one of the shops. We go in to pet it and the owner says it's hers and that she has some kittens that someone gave her that need a home. My g/f was nervous about it, but I told her that I wold take it if it didn't work out. When she brought him home he was so tiny that he literally fit in the palm of my hand and you could barely hear him mew (she named him Oobie beacause his meow sounded more like an ooooh). Now it's 2 years later and he's still small for his age but as active as a monkey. And my g/f has gotten a white one to keep him company. And they pretty much ignore each other except for when they're chasing each other around. And because it was the second cat she named it Newbie. Oobie and Newbie.

The moral of the story is, keep the cat. Love the cat. Cherish the cat.

+1 to all of this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics