• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care vs. Obsession

Mujib

Reaction score
I know this discussion can be, and might have been, had in other forums here, but since I thought of it recently in relation to furniture, I'll post it here.

For context, I got a few new pieces of furniture recently. As with other pieces, I feel I'm being too protective with them. We use one of the USM pieces as a nightstand and keep books inside the drawer. The other day, I found some deep scratches on the inside of the door and a few faint scratches, which can only be seen in bright light from a certain angle, on the top of the unit. We have a toddler, so I'm pretty sure he had something to do with the scratches, but I realize I have a different attitude towards the piece. Don't really want to look at it or use it. I've thought of ordering a replacement door (btw - shouldn't this piece be more scratch resistant?). My wife thinks it's no big deal. Her attitude towards furniture is "It's just a couch. It's just a lamp." The kids of course agree with her. They all think I'm obsessive over keeping the stuff in new condition and not enjoying using it. One of our guests the other night had one of those metal card holders/wallets. I found myself paying too much attention to it when he placed it on our console. This is crossing the line between care and obsession, I thought.

Are you like this? What's your attitude towards these things? How much everyday damage can you tolerate?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads