• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much cash do you carry?

Cavalier

Reaction score
I usually have around $100, but rarely use it except for when I go to bars and don't want to start a tab, restaurants that don't take CC's, etc. Cash sucks-- no reward points, change sucks and it makes keeping an eye on your spending habits more difficult

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
between $0 (usually this) and $20

its good incase I get mugged?!

$20 is the perfect amount. Enough to get me home from most places in the city with from a taxi and too much to break spending on fast food and **** most undergrads would waste money on.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somewhere between a lot and zero.

It entirely depends on the situation.

I feel much safer with no cash and just one CC and a driver's license.

But sometimes that won't suffice.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$0-$100 usually. Only things I ever use cash for are drinks at a bar and drycleaning. Not sure what the point of carrying a wad of cash is.

tc6

Reaction score
I usually just carry my debit card. When I have cash I end up spending it on useless crap. For example, when I have $10 on me I usually end up buying 3 cups of coffee throughout the day for the hell of it. When I have no cash, it's usually just 1.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a 20 in my credit card holder for the last year and haven't used it. I can't remember the last time I used cash anywhere.

slaani

Reaction score
Why all the hate for people who buy cheap **** debit/credit? It takes way longer to get change and put it away than it does to swipe your card and roll the **** along.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anywhere from $40-200 depending on how much I spend and how quickly I replace it. Generally I will use a debit card but I like keeping some cash on me as well.

In addition, I keep at least $20 in my car as emergency funds for if I need gas money or I simply need some quick funds. I've done this for as long as I can remember and rarely have had to use it but it's been awesome the few times I did.

My father subscribes to the cash is king rule and carries $700+ on him at all times. I don't get it but he's never been robbed or lost it as far as I know so it works for him.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
FIFY
laugh.gif
Yep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads