• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many shirts do you own?

Terpo

Reaction score
Reduced to 9 as I haven't worn any of the other 8 shirts in the past 6 months+ and I don't think I ever will wear them again. 2 OCBDs (solid blue, red stripe on white), 7 shirts for the office (3 solid light blue, 2 white, 1 light blue bengal stripe, 1 light blue small graph checks) all Luxire.

Need quite a few more shirts, aiming for at least 14. Just takes a while with online MTM as I still haven't perfected my fit so don't want to order too many at once. Probably getting a few more solid blues and some pencil stripes (blue and red on white) next for the office and a few more OCBDs as well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
At last count I had about 54 shirts hanging up and another 20 or so in boxes unopened. TBH, I only really regularly rotate about 12, most commonly my whites.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm still at 13, although I don't rotate very much and the rtw too big shirts wear out more quickly, but I'm hoping this will keep me going for quite a while...:)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm stuck around the 20 mark and I'm happy with that..

A good mix of linen, cotton ,Sea Island and Poplin..

A few Ralph Lauren, Versace, Pink , GF FERRE, Charvet, Burberry's...

I'm planning to actually reach the 12 mark in a few years time..

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm stuck around the 20 mark and I'm happy with that..

A good mix of linen, cotton ,Sea Island and Poplin..

A few Ralph Lauren, Versace, Pink , GF FERRE, Charvet, Burberry's...

I'm planning to actually reach the 12 mark in a few years time..

Sounds like a nice round number!....I'm on a clothing ban, so I'm sure some will wear out, but I'd also like to end up with about 12!:)

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sounds like a nice round number!....I'm on a clothing ban, so I'm sure some will wear out, but I'd also like to end up with about 12!:)

The problem with good quality shirts they tend to be with us for 15/20 years...

They finish looking rather tired.

I stopped buying 2 years ago apart from the odd summer shirts..

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You must have a lot of shirts, or very good fortune, for that kind of longevity.

With a ~10 shirt "effective rotation"* I'm getting ~4 years out of mine.

*I have many more shirts, but I go through my favorites as though there are on a 10 shirt rotation - i.e. they are worn once every two weeks. At that rate, they've been good for about 4 years. I guess that equates to 25*4 = 100 wears. Seems about right. Alumo and Thomas Mason fabrics, mostly.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You must have a lot of shirts, or very good fortune, for that kind of longevity.

*I have many more shirts, but I go through my favorites as though there are on a 10 shirt rotation - i.e. they are worn once every two weeks. At that rate, they've been good for about 4 years. I guess that equates to 25*4 = 100 wears. Seems about right. Alumo and Thomas Mason fabrics, mostly.

I used to have around 30 shirts..

Some have died and some look very tired...

My Thomas Pink shirts have lasted longer than I thought to be honest...

My Ralph Lauren have a 5/6 years life span..

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They finish looking rather tired.

I stopped buying 2 years ago apart from the odd summer shirts..

I think mine last between 100-200 wears depending on whether they're rtw or bespoke.

But they never last 20 years!!!!:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I used to have around 30 shirts..

Some have died and some look very tired...

My Thomas Pink shirts have lasted longer than I thought to be honest...

My Ralph Lauren have a 5/6 years life span..

Sounds like you need more shirts - retail therapy!!!:):)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads