• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mauser

Reaction score
Don't think it was a trouble at all to run in the cold, just a couple of layers throughout the body, cover the throat, slightly thicker socks and a cap, that's it. After the first couple of minutes it's perfectly ok. Plus my Icebugs give a good grip - the snow doesn't bother much at all and it's not slippery.

Btw the degrees (-13) are in Celsius - it's about 8 degrees Fahrenheit, just for the record. :)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in 6 miles last night. Just found out the buyer accepted the inspection on our property so we will be moving in a little over a month. New roads to learn and run!

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another 4.5. My first good run in too long. I tried an ice bath a couple nights ago. HOLY F***! I don't understand how those athletes can look so blasé when they're in them.

If your legs are in enough pain, that ice bath feels like heaven!

I found it to really help the recovery process over the next few days too. I wasn't nearly as sore. It worked anytime you were going long and that was for whatever your own personal definition of long was. I took one the first time I ran 13 miles and also right after my 50 miler. Helped just as much both times. The best way to acclimate was to get in first and then turn on the cold water. When water covered the entire legs, add a couple ice packs, and read a magazine for 10-15 min.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't think it was a trouble at all to run in the cold, just a couple of layers throughout the body, cover the throat, slightly thicker socks and a cap, that's it. After the first couple of minutes it's perfectly ok. Plus my Icebugs give a good grip - the snow doesn't bother much at all and it's not slippery.

Btw the degrees (-13) are in Celsius - it's about 8 degrees Fahrenheit, just for the record. :)

I was running in roughly -13F last week and FWIW, once you get down that low, there isn't really much difference in running between -13C or -13F. I think at that point, my body just shuts down and stops sensing the cold, sort of like it's saying, "Hey dummy! What are you doing? Get back inside!"

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11 miles for me today, with some tempo work thrown in for fun!

BillP

Reaction score
Well done for running in that. I sometimes think 10 is too cold or 0 or ..... Who needs a treadmill :D

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another 4.5. My first good run in too long. I tried an ice bath a couple nights ago. HOLY F***! I don't understand how those athletes can look so blasé when they're in them.

If your legs are in enough pain, that ice bath feels like heaven!

I found it to really help the recovery process over the next few days too. I wasn't nearly as sore. It worked anytime you were going long and that was for whatever your own personal definition of long was. I took one the first time I ran 13 miles and also right after my 50 miler. Helped just as much both times. The best way to acclimate was to get in first and then turn on the cold water. When water covered the entire legs, add a couple ice packs, and read a magazine for 10-15 min.

The old boiling frog approach, eh? I'll give that a shot. For context, though, I used two bags of ice...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 flat miles for me in 3:19:47, which is right on my ultra pace. I consumed 1500 calories and three bottles of water. Let the taper commence!

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.3 miles this morning with about 2 miles worth in 12"+ deep snow on un-shoveled sidewalks on stretches where it was too dangerous to run in the street. It must have been a good workout for my butt of all things because it's killing me this afternoon. I've never had such constant cramps in my butt cheeks. :lol:

Last edited:

blahspam

Reaction score
20 miles of trails today w/ 3500' elevation. Was feeling pretty lousy about the last 5 miles (not enough water for 85 degrees) but returned to find 3:45 on my stopwatch. Pretty pleased considering I was shooting for 4:15.

My only regret was not having a camera to photograph the amazing view from Parker Mesa.

BillP

Reaction score
A nice 11 miles this morning. The moon was bright and no one was out yet. Very peaceful

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

20 flat miles for me in 3:19:47, which is right on my ultra pace. I consumed 1500 calories and three bottles of water. Let the taper commence!

That's a good pace for any ultra, especially a long one. You planning that at RR? Puts you in at sub-17 hours.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a good pace for any ultra, especially a long one. You planning that at RR? Puts you in at sub-17 hours.

My goals is to maintain a sub-11 pace including stops for as long as possible. The 10:00 pace is my plan for my next 50 (possibly Ultraman Australia in 2015).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads