• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22 for me today. It was going to be longer, but I cut it short because I don't need to rip open a blister (one formed on the side of the second toe on my right foot) this close to my race. 21 days to go!

blahspam

Reaction score
First run since last Saturday and ran the same route (with less dilly dallying). 13 miles. I need to be better about running more and drinking less when I travel for work :/

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really good 8 miles this morning. Weather is perfect out, sunny but not too hot and not too cold. Broke in a new pair of sneakers. I had been using the Brooks Glycerin 10 for about 16 months, which is probably about 6 months too long. Picked up the Glycerin 11 yesterday and used them for the first time today. They felt pretty identical to the 10's, so I'm sure I'll be using these until I wear them out.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time 5 km running with "only" :) two walks in between (2 and 3 minutes). (Total: 37 minutes.)

Km6AvQ4.jpg

The shoes (and me) have done about 100 miles now.

borderline

Reaction score

Really good 8 miles this morning. Weather is perfect out, sunny but not too hot and not too cold. Broke in a new pair of sneakers. I had been using the Brooks Glycerin 10 for about 16 months, which is probably about 6 months too long. Picked up the Glycerin 11 yesterday and used them for the first time today. They felt pretty identical to the 10's, so I'm sure I'll be using these until I wear them out.

How many miles did you put on your last pair? What's your normal replacement interval?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many miles did you put on your last pair? What's your normal replacement interval?

I probably put at least 500 miles into the last pair, maybe a little more. They were my first real pair of running shoes, so I didn't really have any specific interval for how often I replace them. I will say the soles held up incredibly well, they looked like they had barely any wear on them. But the insoles and the toebox really looked ragged and once I started getting blisters I knew they were done.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time 5 km running with "only"
smile.gif
two walks in between (2 and 3 minutes). (Total: 37 minutes.)

Km6AvQ4.jpg

The shoes (and me) have done about 100 miles now.

Those are just getting broken in!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday morning, 5 miles. Temperatures in the upper 30s. A week ago, I spent the entire day shoveling snow. We received 17 inches. For a few days, last week, temperatures were way below zero and too dangerous (for me) to go out and run. I can deal with the 30s!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.7 miles yesterday afternoon in the low 40s and 6.3 miles this morning in the mid 30s. I cannot recall the last time I ran when it wasn't below freezing. There was a lot of black ice to deal with this morning though so I had to slow down considerably through quite a bit of the run. I was still happy to be out there and not have to wear a scarf, and three layers of shirts and pants.

BillP

Reaction score
I ran about 10 miles yesterday and 9 this morning. We also have very icy streets and sidewalks so it was a bit treacherous. The ice is by far my #1 running enemy!

borderline

Reaction score
Bummer! :cloud:

Feels like I have an MCL issue. It's probably only peripherally related to the running. I was upping the miles last month, but then I was doing field work (geology) last weds. and twisted my knee as I was descending a scree slope. Then on Friday I played golf and felt the twinge then. It didn't improve much over the weekend. I should have been icing it but only this morning did it occur to me that the MCL was the likely problem. So, a few weeks off I think. Anyone have experience with this type of injury? I can walk reasonably, well, but it's definitely sore.

blahspam

Reaction score
7 miles today in (I almost feel bad saying this) 82 degree temps
shog[1].gif

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.7 miles today. What a roller coaster of temps here. Last week was single digits, then 40's and 50's over weekend, back into teens and low 30's over next few days. Either way, every day is a bit closer to spring and we gain a minute or two of daylight. Waiting for March to turn clocks ahead. Not a fan of running in the dark and cold.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.4 miles for me after dark tonight. Brilliant running under the bight moonlight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads