• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday a.m., ran for about 45 minutes on the snow covered shoreline of Lake Huron in northern Michigan. The wind chill was about 10 degrees, but the vista (blue sky!) was spectacular.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
12 miles on dead legs. Marathon's on Saturday and I'll be resting up for it. Fighting a cold and numerous other issues.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Quevola today before an 8k we both ran. Very Cool.
12 for the day -
2.5 up
8k in 28:46 (3rd age group/3rd team)
4.5 down.
I am super happy with today's race. Ran 80 miles for the week, and was able to push it today.
Boston here i come!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn, Sam!

10 late this morning. Tried to keep a consistent pace, then I put the hammer (such as it is) down for the last mile, about 8% faster than the rest of the run. Felt great. The half-marathon distance seems within reach for the first time.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great job Sam! Great seeing you out there this morning. Awesome race and week of running. You are going to rock Boston. Hopefully I'll toe the line in Hopkinton one day.

I came in at 35:22 in my 8k this morning. That's a 4 minute pr for that course.

Thomas: Enjoy the taper.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Saw Quevola today before an 8k we both ran. Very Cool.
12 for the day -
2.5 up
8k in 28:46 (3rd age group/3rd team)
4.5 down.
I am super happy with today's race. Ran 80 miles for the week, and was able to push it today.
Boston here i come!

HOLY COW. Nice going!

Damn, Sam!
10 late this morning. Tried to keep a consistent pace, then I put the hammer (such as it is) down for the last mile, about 8% faster than the rest of the run. Felt great. The half-marathon distance seems within reach for the first time.

Awesome.

Great job Sam! Great seeing you out there this morning. Awesome race and week of running. You are going to rock Boston. Hopefully I'll toe the line in Hopkinton one day.
I came in at 35:22 in my 8k this morning. That's a 4 minute pr for that course.
Thomas: Enjoy the taper.

I remember when we ran somewhat similar times. Those days are in the past now. Nice going!

It finally hit me last night that I've gone into overtraining. So, it's not just a taper but a full-on recovery. I doubt I'll run a step between now and Saturday, which should be fine.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles today. Long break from running for me. I did run up the empire state bldg a little while back. Up next is Coogan's 5K this weekend. Should be interesting.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 miles today. Long break from running for me. I did run up the empire state bldg a little while back. Up next is Coogan's 5K this weekend. Should be interesting.

tis is a hilly course... I too shall be runnin whit da irish on sat.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in 16.57 milesin Hariman Park on Saturday on about 3 inches of snow. Was challenging to say the least considering the trail markers were white... Ran it in 3:34:09. Got in a quick 3.68 in 25:48 this monring that sort of acted as a recovery run.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11ish tonight + Core.
Ran on the treadmill. I felt bad for the people around me at the gym as my stomach was causing some problems. Very embarrassing when there are beautiful women around. Oh well - still put in a good effort and after 70 minutes on the treadmill most people have come and gone.
The treadmill is the only place I run with music, and I just tell myself "run for 16 songs" - works pretty well.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in 4.89 miles in 34:01 over the Queensboro Bridge this morning. Left leg is not feelin 100%, may go get some PT later this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads