• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles this morning.

Red Wings just won. Game SEVEN!

Now, I want to run 6 more.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawit
Streak's are f'ing fast! My favorite race shoe, so so good.

my fav. race shoes (shorter distances anyway) are the old nike katana racers (the second one, i didnt like the 3rd version as well), which they dont make anymore... i wish they would bring back their whole katana line, they all worked better for me than any other shoes i have tried.
Ive been tempted to try the streaks, but they would probably only be a 5k race shoe for me, maybe 10k max.

anyway, ran 13.1 tonight in 1:25:31. Warm and humid here tonight.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, 7 miles for Game Seven, Red Wings/ Sharks

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 miles on grass on monday to recover from going long sunday, then a double yesterday:
6 in the AM at 6:35 pace, then a good workout during the evening - 3 up then 6 X 1000 + 2 X 1200 on a 7 minute cycle for the first 6 reps and a 6 minute cycle for the last two 1200s. Kept the pace right around 5:05 for all of the reps and was able to speed up on the last two. It was a long day (in the streak 2 XC's - still lovin 'em on the track)
Today I went 10.5 without a watch, but the effort seemed to be right at marathon pace.
Easy days until Saturday night where I am going to try and get a birth in an all comers college meet. Hopefully I will be able to chase some people to a fast 5k time.

jwied82

Reaction score
based on that workout i think you should be able to do pretty well in the 5k.
what is your 5k pr? you havent raced many of them, have you?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are bad ass. I did 3.5 miles yesterday.

Today will be super-vigorous conditioning exercises for 20-25 min.

Do you guys run more than 4 times a week, and if not, do you "work out" on off days? I've been working out 6 days a week for a while now, and wonder if it's on the insane side (3-4 running, other days some sort of conditioning or strength training).

jwied82

Reaction score
when im in good shape i pretty much run 7 days a week, maybe a day or 2 off a month, and really don't do any other kind of working out during that time, except a few sets of pull-ups everyday.

Ill go through periods where i do alot of inline skating too, up to about 120+ miles a week skating and only a day or 2 running. But i havent skated much in the last couple months because ive been enjoying running so much.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning in CP in 42:19. Legs feel close to 100%.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my 5k pr is like 16:55, but on a hilly course/wet day/end of pretty rough week.
I think I can hang in for a 16:30ish time on the roads, but I have no idea what it will be like on the track with fast guys to try to chase. I am not sure if I will be able to get a spot in the race this weekend. 11 today at varying paces as I was trying to guide an amigo in the ways of running. Ended up being a positive experience for him I think, and I got in my miles.
I try to run 7 days a week, but account for the fact that life will get in the way most weeks. I usually run 13 of every 14 days, but that includes 4 easy runs at a slow pace.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25k in 1:57:17 first thing in the morning. I hardly ever run more than 15k and really noticed 'wear and tear' (acing muscles and little pains here and there) after about 20k although I was far from exhausted.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
5.1 miles in CP this morning in 32:43. I think I saw a couple of the elites training/ staying loose for the UAE Healthy Kidney 10K tomorrow. They bring in a stacked field for the event so it should be exciting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads