• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Neither right now. Last week was the first week of a local spring league (7 consecutive Sundays, 2 games each).

I played at college sectionals the one year my school had a team (my senior year, naturallly
plain.gif
). Didn't advance as our division is stacked (UT Austin, North Texas etc.), but we did well and it was boatload of fun.

Very cool. I actually only officially played one year also. My program was (is) pretty huge, as in 20k+ budget, three separate teams that compete, over 100 total players. I played A team and we made nationals before other things made me leave the team, but damn I miss it. Right now they're ranked #4 in the country.

I'm playing with my friends team a bit right now because this is the inaugural season for his team at his school and no one has any experience. The tournaments don't count towards national ranking and seeding so its not such a big deal I play. Once true 'season' begins I have to stop
frown.gif

janyropal

Reaction score
As a beginner I ran for 28 miles. I follow the following schedule as per the suggestion of my trainer.

The schedules
* Week 1 Run one min, walk 90 seconds. Repeat eight times. Do three times a week.
* Week 2 Run two mins, walk one min. Repeat seven times. Do three times a week.
* Week 3 Run three mins walk one mins. Repeat six times. Do three times a week.
* Week 4 Run five mins, walk two mins. Repeat four times. Do three times a week.
* Week 5 Run eight mins, walk two mins. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
* Week 6 Run 12 mins, walk one min. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
* Week 7 Run 15 mins, walk one min, Run fifteen mins. Do three times a week
* Week 8 Run 30 mins continuously.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
had a good weekend of running as the weather could not have been more ideal.

Friday ran 9.44 miles in 1:00:34
Saturday ran 7.22 miles in 46:49
Sunday ran the NYC half (13.1 miles) in 1:21:38

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, it was chilly again, enough to want a sweatshirt - and because we spent Sunday outside the house I did a lot of chores early monday morning. Still got out for 5.3 miles, 41:37. Felt okay but not great, and really notice a difference between my adidas and asics shoes. I may have bought my last supernovas for a while.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday: 20 miles in 2:53:13. Ran at a comfortable pace and experimented with taking gels every 5 miles and salt pills at miles 6, 12 & 17. Had no issues with cramping or stomach upset
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a chilly 30 degrees, but wore shorts with no leg covering. 5 miles. C'mon, Spring!!!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.25 in 39 minutes, perfect out, 55 degrees, slight breeze and sunny.

I listened to "Our Love To Admire" by interpol....bad ass running music.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Very cool. I actually only officially played one year also. My program was (is) pretty huge, as in 20k+ budget, three separate teams that compete, over 100 total players. I played A team and we made nationals before other things made me leave the team, but damn I miss it. Right now they're ranked #4 in the country.

I'm playing with my friends team a bit right now because this is the inaugural season for his team at his school and no one has any experience. The tournaments don't count towards national ranking and seeding so its not such a big deal I play. Once true 'season' begins I have to stop
frown.gif

That's awesome.
cheers.gif

About 3 miles in 22 minutes today.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran 7 miles today until I got stopped by the police... They had the block leading to gym closed down cause some loony decided to take his ex-wife's kids hostage. Watched the whole thing, it was pretty cool. No one got hurt.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

supermidget

Reaction score
13 miles the other day, taking a few days off for recovery, but doing extensive drills, core and flexibility work in the meantime. good luck on your first half to Stazy! I have my second coming up in 2 weeks.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

Good luck Stazy!

Today, tax season and the resumption of classes is extracting its toll on my free time. Four miles, 31:07. Wasn't really feeling it out there.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

Hope you rock it.

That is the same time goal I have for my first half.

Did you use a training schedule?

Right now, I pretty much run every day, 5-8 miles and 10+ on Sat, rest on Sunday.

I am also throwing Hill intervals in a few times a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads