• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you uninvite someone's kids from a wedding?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
6. and finally. I hate little kids. this is not one of those I will never have kids things, I just dont like little kids. I want to have a kid, give it away, and then get it back when its 5 or 6. Or potty trained. Something along those lines.

Dude.... little kids are amazing.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

I love my kids to death, but like someone else stated, when my wife and I get an invitation to a wedding or event that does not involve kids, I'm doing cartwheels!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

J- You're doing the right thing. You invited that guy and his wife..not him, his wife, kids, dog etc. If he doesn't get it ...be happy if he doesn't attend. Probably should have went with your instincts/hesitation on inviting him anyway.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

Everyone thinks their little kids are amazing. the reality is that everyone hates your kids but you. Thats ok, I aint mad atcha, just dont bring them to the wedding.

And thanks for the congrats. its 60 days out, so I'm starting to get nervous.

the f'd up think is not that I am nervous about being married (we've been living together for 2.5 years and engaged for one so its not a huge change), but about the logistics of the actual wedding....

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone thinks their little kids are amazing. the reality is that everyone hates your kids but you.
ummmm no. I said kids are amazing not my kids only (although they are), and no, not every body hates kids. I have strangers coming up and asking to hold my kid, smiling at her, complimenting her. Lots of folks love kids. But whatever. Enjoy the weeding and remember that whatever happens, no matter how well or how poorly it goes, you will still end up married at the end of the ay and that is what it is really all about.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone thinks their little kids are amazing. the reality is that everyone hates your kids but you. Thats ok, I aint mad atcha, just dont bring them to the wedding.

And thanks for the congrats. its 60 days out, so I'm starting to get nervous.

the f'd up think is not that I am nervous about being married (we've been living together for 2.5 years and engaged for one so its not a huge change), but about the logistics of the actual wedding....

You better start that "what to wear to my wedding thread!"
Kids are amazing....But some events(not your own) are for adults. I agree that it is on the parent to make sure their kids behave, but I would not wnat to be responsible for grown ups getting tipsy and loud music, dancing, etc and a young child tring to doze off.
A wedding(for the most part) is GROWN PEOPLE BIZNESS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads