• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong shopping

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kapok is worth a visit, if not for the clothes then for a coffee. They also have some cool magazines. Monocle has a store around the block.

Outlet shops at ap lei chau, I.T. and Lane Crawford outlets were the best when I was there. Tip: don't use the lobby elevator, takes forever. Use the service elevator and start from the top and take the stairs down.

Other stores: Lane Crawford, I.T., Harvey Nichols, Shine, INK

RuffyD

Reaction score
There are a few shops on Patterson Street in Causeway Bay (near Victoria Park). If you're looking for shoes (i.e. Visvim, Danner's, Red Wing, Nike etc), check out Chicago Sports
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CHICAGO-SPORTS-芝加哥/113796275335315

Off topic: If you're going to Horizon Plaza, they have puppy adoptions at Whisker N Pawson on Sundays so you can go play with them if you have time.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
outlets at Ap Lei Chau are ok.. not much different than outlets here in the states although the "typical" stores are generally a bit higher end (Dunhill, Bally, Burberry etc.) Sometimes they are having extra sales which makes it a good place to visit although I wouldn't recommend it as a destination. My tip would be to go early to visit Tian Tan buddha and hit it on the way back (or hit it on your way to the airport on your way out)

orlylow

Reaction score
thanks. horizon plaza at ap lei chau will be on my list then. i'm from singapore so there're no outlet shopping here haha. the outlets in the US were good.

will prob visit the APC outlet near causeway bay too. the prices of the stuff there, are they marked up higher than what we get online or will there be the ocassional sales too?

i'll probably visit places like:
times square
SOGO
hysan place
wtc more

harbour city
the one

kowloon tong(festival walk)
langham place
ladies market/temple street night market

anywhere i'm missing? read that granvile road also offers outlet shopping. worth a go? short trip this time so main focus's on food/shopping.

RuffyD

Reaction score
There's really not much to see at Hysan Place to be honest, unless you're planning to check out Eslite bookstore

orlylow

Reaction score
Hi, are there any shops/malls worth checking out in Macau?

Will be going to the I.T outlet at silvercord and horizon plaza in hk probably. Anything I've missed?

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ anyone?

I never went to Macau for the shopping… just the food and the history. Much of the shopping is directed toward tourists/gambling winners/nouveau riche Chinese and as such there are just massive brand name malls such as One Central and The Shoppes. Others may disagree, but with the proximity of Taiwan and HK I always did my shopping there and infrequently in Macau.

I can, however, recommend the best egg tarts at Margaret's Cafe e Nata (a must!) and fantastic Portuguese cuisine at A Lorcha…. but make reservations asap and get there early!

orlylow

Reaction score
I never went to Macau for the shopping… just the food and the history. Much of the shopping is directed toward tourists/gambling winners/nouveau riche Chinese and as such there are just massive brand name malls such as One Central and The Shoppes. Others may disagree, but with the proximity of Taiwan and HK I always did my shopping there and infrequently in Macau.

I can, however, recommend the best egg tarts at Margaret's Cafe e Nata (a must!) and fantastic Portuguese cuisine at A Lorcha…. but make reservations asap and get there early!
Will try Margaret's this time for sure! Only tried Lord Stow's on my previous trip. A Lorcha was really good, remembered they had really good prawns and clams.

Any tips or must-go for HK?

Cheers :)

solargarden

Reaction score
thanks. horizon plaza at ap lei chau will be on my list then. i'm from singapore so there're no outlet shopping here haha. the outlets in the US were good.

will prob visit the APC outlet near causeway bay too. the prices of the stuff there, are they marked up higher than what we get online or will there be the ocassional sales too?
That APC store is not an outlet, just a regular one. The SAs are nicer than usual there though.

The only IT conglomerate outlet worth going to is the one in TST silvercord.

From what I can recall, APC never goes below 60% off anywhere.

Last edited:

1989thenumber

Reaction score
I haven't got up to HK since end of last year, but Delstore in Wanchai is worth a look.

As is Kapok, mentioned earlier in this thread. Kapok has two outlets in Wanchai.

There's also a Visvim on Sun Street, within spitting distance of one of the Kapok branches. If you can stomach the prices, obviously. I always look in Visvim, but I never buy anything. Their pricing always feels like they're taking the piss. ;-)

Neighborhood has a store on Ice House Street in Central. It's good, but a very small selection - don't expect anything like the choice you get in Harajuku.

hellolidoqt

Reaction score
Shopping is great in HK they got so much versatility from Mong Kok markets to high street H&M to mid range affordable luxury to high end designer

It depends what you're looking for. There are great boutiques around Hollywood road and sheung wan area, and Rue Madame is really good too which can be found in IFC mall. http://www.ruemadame.com/it_en/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads