• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think RoyCru's post is so outstanding because it works on several levels. It's an interesting pose, which he has duplicated (right down to the lens's focal length, apparently) pretty accurately. Secondly, he can only be twenty or so in the first shot, and already such a dapper dresser with spot-on colour and texture matching and fit. Thirdly, the astonishing stylistic consistency he has maintained over the intervening four and a half decades. Not to mention brand loyalty!

Which segues into my WAYWRN post for the day, featuring my new Brooks Brothers tattersall OCBD.

Curiously, I don't believe there's any wool whatsoever in the above ensemble.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cutaway collar denim shirt is going to be "the" 2015 shirt, I'm calling it now -- same way shantung was "the" FW 2013 tie (I'm still angry about that).

'Cept I like the cutaway collar denim shirts.

It's happening.

May I ask where you got that one, AAS? (Also, that whole rig is killer).
yeaaaaaaah, No.

Killer ensemble Don

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday, and the first of several three-piece suits for this week.

Suit - BBGF
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - Liberty, London
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino

MrChris

Reaction score
Monday....

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that there has been a dearth of postings by our favorite poster, Stitchy. There may be many theories as to why In Stitches has not been posting of late, but I have my own theory. Stitchy has been kidnapped by time bandits, who have transported him back to 16th century northern Italy, and used his resemblance to a local nobleman for their own evil purposes. What's worse, on pain of torture and death, Stitchy's been forced to eat prosciutto.

As evidence, the following URL:

http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibition/giovanni-battista-moroni#gallery

(See Prospero Alessandri)

Even with his transport back in time, however, it's good to see that Stitchy's maintained his sense of style.
And did he take Murl with him? (Gian Gerolamo Grumelli).

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That doesn't look like me! Stitch is out of town, but that was an interesting theory, Crusty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads