• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kid1002

Reaction score
Shirt jacket:
Navy Irish linen from Drake's

Polo shirt:
Navy 'Adrian' from John Smedley

Trousers:
Bespoke in W.Bill ivoy Irish linen

Scarf:
Seven Fold Firenze

Wrist watch:
Seiko SARB035 (modded)

Shoes:
Misty blue 'Sagan Stride' from Baudoin & Lange's 2024SS collection

P-IMG6633.JPG
P-IMG6635.JPG
P-IMG6636.JPG
P-IMG6628.JPG

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_3088.jpeg

Yesterdays outfit for a friends legal wedding cerimony. I think I should have worn a light blue shirt to bring formality down a notch and make it more in line with trousers (I know, navy trousers not very kosher) and the jacket itself.

On a separate note, I’ve been building my wardrobe lately and now I need to buy my first suit. I want something that I can wear for job interviews (finance in NYC) and for weddings (my next one is in Lisbon in the summer). I like medium grey a lot (my one suit was a charcoal one and I want something different now), but saw this navy glen plaid one that I like too. I like the idea of some texture for navy, although I know it makes it risky for professional events. What do you think?

Last edited:

LJ1891

Reaction score
View attachment 2162705

Yesterdays outfit for a friends legal wedding cerimony. I think I should have worn a light blue shirt to bring formality down a notch and make it more in line with trousers (I know, navy trousers not very kosher) and the jacket itself.

I’ve been building my wardrobe lately and now I need to buy my first suit. I want something that I can wear for job interviews (finance in NYC) and for weddings (my next one is in Lisbon in the summer). I like medium grey a lot (my one suit was a charcoal one and I want something different now), but saw this navy glen plaid one that I like too. I like the idea of some texture for navy, although I know it makes it risky for professional events. What do you think?

Navy trousers are cool. I dont think they fit in most people’s wardrobes(like grey jackets) so there is a majority sentiment that they aren’t usable. If you have enough non blue jackets that provide enough contrast(like the one you’re wearing) then navy trousers are fine.

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
I steam/press my jackets out of necessity. I live in a small nyc apartment. My closet space is limited. My jackets are packed in like sardines. Any roll the lapels have is mitigated and pressed out by their relative proximity. I don’t have before pics, but the lapels in this jacked looked flat and lifeless before. I imagine that’s what some of you prefer, but not me.

View attachment 2162303
View attachment 2162301
View attachment 2162307
View attachment 2162299
View attachment 2162305
if sacrifices have to be made to preserve those lovely lapels, I would!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if sacrifices have to be made to preserve those lovely lapels, I would!
Luckily, I can reproduce the lapel roll with only a modest cost of time. I can’t add more space without a substantial increase in rent.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckily, I can reproduce the lapel roll with only a modest cost of time. I can’t add more space without a substantial increase in rent.
😁😁
There’s always the nuclear option of getting rid of the missus and commandeering her cupboards - an extreme measure but sacrifices have to be made in pursuit of style!😁

Although on reflection this could turn out to be more costly than obtaining a bigger apartment in Manhattan!

LJ1891

Reaction score
Shirt jacket:
Navy Irish linen from Drake's

Polo shirt:
Navy 'Adrian' from John Smedley

Trousers:
Bespoke in W.Bill ivoy Irish linen

Scarf:
Seven Fold Firenze

Wrist watch:
Seiko SARB035 (modded)

Shoes:
Misty blue 'Sagan Stride' from Baudoin & Lange's 2024SS collection

View attachment 2162633 View attachment 2162635 View attachment 2162637 View attachment 2162639
Coffee Cup:
Bespoke Sartoria Barista

Coffee in the Bespoke cup:
Secret Ethiopian Heirloom Single Origin Beans

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are forgetting the most important object behind me... Chairs are from an undisclosed African nation suspected to be Wakanda.
One of my favorite tidbits of the BP mania was people acting (maybe sincerely believing?) it was a nonfiction film

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads