• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

incontro

Reaction score

WIWT

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
End-of-the-day wrinkly spreezy steezy
LL
Brown on brown + black on brown =:inlove: Jacket buttons look wrong to me.
Actually navy on brown. I considered the black this morning, but I felt like I'd worn that a lot lately. I agree about the buttons, but haven't figured out what I want to replace them. Also, the jacket is essentially a blazer in brown instead of navy. Odd duck, yes.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Actually navy on brown. I considered the black this morning, but I felt like I'd worn that a lot lately. I agree about the buttons, but haven't figured out what I want to replace them. Also, the jacket is essentially a blazer in brown instead of navy. Odd duck, yes.

navy on brown, my bad. I particularly like brown tonals. remember this? + navy/black knit too

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up this somewhat LabelKing-esque piece from an opportunity shop yesterday. In great nick, and fits like a glove. Possibly originated as a bespoke piece, as there are absolutely no labels inside. Perfect for the cold snap Melbourne is going through right now.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't this suggest that there is only a single combination that looks good, and anything other than that doesn't look good? It also seems rather limiting. For example, I have a tattersall shirt that looks amazing with brown ties. Should I only ever wear it with brown ties? ----- As far as dressing for entertainment: you clearly have a lot of fun wearing what you wear. So I'd be highly skeptical if you claim entertainment isn't partially your motivation for dressing as you dress.
No, this is not what I meant. I never said that I dressed to always look my best. I often wear things I want to wear where other ones would have looked better, but they were too boring for me.
[
CENTER] [/CENTER]
Epaulet (x2)​
Moderntailor​
Chipp​
Carmina​
Nice fit, but the check on check clashes imo.
Those epaulet jackets are MTM, right? If so, have you ever thought of getting slightly wider lapels, a lower buttoning point and a longer jacket? I think it would look much more flattering on you. Either way, the colours look great, but a lighter shade of grey trousers might look more summery, if that's what you're going for.
+1.
Just a phone shot a pal took on our way back from lunch. You can't quite see it, but it's a seersucker check.
Seersucker check? Would love to see a better pic of this.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, this is not what I meant. I never said that I dressed to always look my best. I often wear things I want to wear where other ones would have looked better, but they were too boring for me.
Ah, I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Somewhere down the line, you seemed to suggest that in order to look good, one had to dress with optimality as their primary concern (if X looks better in a given context, one should always wear X, otherwise one will not look good).

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gray suit Tuesday....
A. Campagna suit, Cipa shirt, phineas cole tie, botticelli loafers, tom ford gray frame glasses

luv2breformed

Reaction score

Picked up this somewhat LabelKing-esque piece from an opportunity shop yesterday. In great nick, and fits like a glove. Possibly originated as a bespoke piece, as there are absolutely no labels inside. Perfect for the cold snap Melbourne is going through right now.

I like when you dial it back a tad. You do this level better than some of your louder stuff ATM. I've found it easier to step into bolder patterns and styles once I've pulled together a good consistent sedate-ish look. With those same items. For example you can try swapping the tie and see what that adds or subtracts. You may begin to get a better feel for when you are "pushing it" too far.

Tighten your tie up!

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score

New Brooks Bros tie from Luxeswap.

I like the tie ETB. I almost like the fit, but think Navy is too dark for that tie. Braddock and Sander consistently pull off ties like that by reducing the overall contrast and embracing the s/s nature of those ties. RAF suit would be much better for it IMO. I won't comment on the shirt, but contrast collars are not my thing.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yesterday.

Brown linen glenplaid suit made up in our new Ciro model - Eidos Napoli
White/Blue linen BD - Tie Your Tie
My father's decade's old linen tie - Cruciani e Bella
Pocket Square - Christian Kimber
Hooves - Belgian Shoes

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gray suit Tuesday....
A. Campagna suit, Cipa shirt, phineas cole tie, botticelli loafers, tom ford gray frame glasses

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1364575/width/350/height/700[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Wow, you do have a taste for some loud accessories... fwiw, I think the PC tie today and the shirt yesterday (or so) really knocked your outfits down a notch.

[QUOTE="NickPollica, post: 7266280, member: 0"][SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][URL=http://s106.photobucket.com/user/GinoAGentC/media/ScreenShot2014-07-22at84553AM_zpsccfba868.png.html][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1364580/[/URL]

Yesterday.

Brown linen glenplaid suit made up in our new Ciro model - Eidos Napoli
White/Blue linen BD - Tie Your Tie
My father's decade's old linen tie - Cruciani e Bella
Pocket Square - Christian Kimber
Hooves - Belgian Shoes

This is very nice, love the suit cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads