• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rude? Now that's rude. And try to strike a more manly pose with your pics...knees together with hands crossed on top reference what you yourself infer of me.

And if swearing is all you've got, it's lame. I used to post regularly for your information but the standard of dress in this forum caused me to leave and so I shall again probably to the relief of all of you who post such insular domestic sartorial examples.

What was I expecting years later? My fault for thinking you may have learnt something but, like everything else, your knowledge remains solely within your own geographic boundaries.

Don't let the door hit you ********** on the way out, and, for the record, I've been sucking dick for decades - if you wish to effectively impugn my masculinity, you'll have to do a better job of it.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So. Much. Win.

That had better make the 20+ Composite.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that I'm prepared to cut Spectre some slack. His comments were harsh but they were mostly fit critiques. Harsh fit crits are allowed, no?

The subsequent slanging match was unfortunate, of course. But Spectre was far from the worst offender. (Crusty's and Elio's put-downs are, of course, excepted by dint of being so hilarious.)

I say, let's move on. Spectre, if you're happy to play the ball and not the man, I for one will remain open to your sartorial opinion.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coxsackie , it is commendable that you're willing to cut him some slack. But, his fit critiques contained denigrating, sweeping generalisations that were disdainful to the whole SF community. IMHO, of course...

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I clicked "multi" on a few responses to yesterday's fit but for some reason they got lost, so I'll just address the much-raised question of why the **** I wore black shoes with a brown tie as follows:

The new Canali jacket is actually a dark grey check on an ivory ground. The dark grey resonated well, or so I thought, with my grey donegal trousers and yes, the black shoes. Plus another more prosaic reason was that I had to catch a plane in the evening and, being both time-poor and knowing I would be travelling with those shoes, decided to wear them all day. OK?

And, without further ado, here is today's fit.

I'm sure that by now you good folk are all well aware that I spend too much money on clothes, so I've decided to dispense with the usual brand name check-list. However, a special shout-out is due to Henry Carter for the wonderful unlined wool challis tie featured above. Hope I did it some measure of justice on this occasion Jason.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that by now you good folk are all well aware that I spend too much money on clothes, so I've decided to dispense with the usual brand name check-list. However, a special shout-out is due to Henry Carter for the wonderful unlined wool challis tie featured above. Hope I did it some measure of justice on this occasion Jason.

That is indeed a lovely tie! Like the shoes as well, BTW. Square perhaps a little bit too bright for this combination?

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on man, you know I need my FU fix in every fit.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on man, you know I need my FU fix in every fit.

lol8[1].gif

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure that by now you good folk are all well aware that I spend too much money on clothes, so I've decided to dispense with the usual brand name check-list. However, a special shout-out is due to Henry Carter for the wonderful unlined wool challis tie featured above. Hope I did it some measure of justice on this occasion Jason.

Very nice mate and nice dimple. Though I should clarify it is a lined tie but un-tipped and hand rolled.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like solids, sometimes. I think it's easy though, for the most conservatively dressed crowd, to forget that we're not all here for the same reasons. conservative business dress rules doesn't apply to what I do for a living, so I have no need to always dress in navy suit with navy tie. In fact, since I stopped working in a bank, I never "need" to dress in that manner any more.

What did you think spectre? That you'd come back to the forum a few years later, and everyone would be wearing all solids?

I don't think you did.

So basically you're just here to troll, which is a very strange hobby for a grown man to have.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since my last post in this thread.

I hope you guys could give me some recommendations for a different color/pattern of the PS. I'm not 100% happy with my choice today. Thanks for any advices!

The polka square here njt is a tie pattern. Best to avoid. - a silk PS ideally shouldn't have a small-scale pattern at all- that's a tie thing. Best silk squares r solid white or cream or have a large scale pic - some kind of picture print is ideal so that the large scale swirls and designs contrast with the tie's regularity of pattern, or solidity. With that tie I'd like either no square or a loosely plopped white silk. Collar could use some roll too - it looks a little compressed.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The polka square here njt  is a tie pattern. Best to avoid.   - a silk PS ideally shouldn't have a small-scale pattern at all- that's a tie thing.  Best silk squares r solid white or cream or have a large scale pic -  some kind of picture print is ideal so that the large scale swirls and designs contrast with the tie's regularity of pattern, or solidity.  With that tie I'd like either no square or a loosely plopped white silk.  Collar could use some roll too -  it looks a little compressed. 

I don't really agree with the blanket polkadot patterned squares are bad opinion. To my eyes, it's just another pattern that one needs to harmonize with the rest of an outfit.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't let the door hit you ********** on the way out, and, for the record, I've been sucking dick for decades - if you wish to effectively impugn my masculinity, you'll have to do a better job of it.

Crusty, you just became one of my favorite people on SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads