• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DiplomaticTies : Nice.
How do you find the EW-shirts compared to other high end shirts? I have considered buying one from time to time, but was never able to make up my mind.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EW shirts are very nice. Perhaps not at the absolute top of the pile, but well worth trying. Note that the regular size shirts are almost completely straight, so they are a lot loser in fit compared to, say, most Italian shirtmakers.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday. Layers for a cool rainy day. OCBD, corduroy vest, donegal tie, herringbone tweed jacket, and moleskin trousers. Also, wearing a suit jacket as a sport coat.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love @Crat 's tapestry tie, and I've grown so used to a clean-shaven @upr_crust that I see the photo with the goatee and can't help but think of soap operas – the evil twin is always the one with the goatee, right? Dramatically reappearing right after a wedding, too? This is sweeps-week stuff, people.

@SYCSYC , that's not casual though. It's just missing a tie. Casual would be same thing, but missing the pants or shirt.

Or, better, not a suit, not a french-cuff poplin shirt, that kinda thing.
smile.gif

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@chocsosa should be the style consultant for NBA players for their post-game interviews.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@chocsosa
 should be the style consultant for NBA players for their post-game interviews. 

ORLY… and why Choc specifically?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And more informatively: Choc is something like 6'8 and played college ball, so he is both familiar with the subculture and the difficulties of dressing when you're, well, buit like a basketball player.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Señor Crust, your former self wins this comparo on the strength of the outdoor setting which shows off the suit to much better effect. Your present self prevails in the facial hair category, though. :)

Noooooooooooo! The facial hair is missed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads