• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you'd said 'Anaheim' OTOH ...

Oh hell no. Orange County to me is Laguna, Newport and one of my favorite Frank Zappa jams… I don't do Anaheim…. lol.

almost forgot the FZ!

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

benhour

Reaction score
First of all a very big hello from crazy weathered Greece to all Gents here!

A little movie inspired today(mostly at the colors) ! All thoughts are more than welcome!Enjoy
(sorry for the bad phone quality pictures)

Sorry i forgot the details!!
happy.gif
(edit)
bespoke jacket (V. Barberis fabric)
Brooks Brothers vest
T.M. Lewin shirt
E.Zegna tie
Antagoniste pochette
Thompson caff links

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cleav

You appear to be in good company when it comes to dimpling your tie. I am beginning to suspect that I'm the crazy one.

No, you're not. I know Vox is worshipped like a god on SF, but I've seen many a poor tie knot by him.
(And I think most of his jackets button slightly too high...)

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went a little 'town and country' yesterday - as funnily enough I had to leave town to go to the country.

This is probably a good way to wear the shirt I wore today. Thanks for posting

I look forward to your posts.  Always interesting combos.

Thanks man! I try to learn and take feedback as much as possible. Cheers

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As did I!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of your best IMO.

Superb, Coxy, truly superb.

@Coxsackie terrific 3 piece. My absolute fav shade of grey suit

Thanks all!

The suit is from SuitSupply, VBC fabric. As you are all Aussies, I strongly recommend that you check out their bricks'n'mortar store when it finally opens (rumoured to be in Sydney some time soon). I would not recommend purchasing from them online, as the fabrics can look very different in reality from their web shots. Also, the blocks vary greatly. Some fit me like a glove (e.g. this grey 3pc on the Lazio block, and my other 3pc Havana), some are way wrong. Sleeve length in particular is perilous due to SuSu's bizarre predilection for supplying finished working sleeves.

My hat is another story. The Akubra Federation IV is a worldwide exclusive to one store, The Hattery in Katoomba (also sold through their online store). If you check out their website, you'll find various disclaimers loudly denying any putative link to the Indiana Jones fedora, which of course means that it's a dead ringer. It appears that Mr Needsbeardtocoverupweakchin and/or his team of legal sycophants took umbrage at some point.

I actually drove all the way from Campbelltown to Katoomba one fine afternoon a couple of years ago, to try the hat on in person and ensure it fitted correctly. As the Fed IV is sold "open", i.e. domed, the Hattery lady very kindly shaped it with steam for me. It was nice to spend time discussing and weighing the fine details of dimple position and crown height during this process. They are really passionate milliners.

However, I never really felt I had an outfit to do the hat justice, until this suit came along. Hence yesterday's rig. Just after we did the Martin Place shoot, who should stride past but John Howard. I fancy he stole a quick glance. Probably thinking to himself "If I'd just had that damn hat, I could have beaten Menzies' record..."

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from Florence and it's #%&§+'? freezing in Berlin.
A tie I maybe do not wear often enough. Any opinion on it?
I think there's a reason you don't wear it that often; quite hard to wear with anything else than you're wearing it with now.
Nobody buy anything from Holdfast!!! :D
:lol: Let's make it a conspiracy!
@Cleav You appear to be in good company when it comes to dimpling your tie. I am beginning to suspect that I'm the crazy one.
Yes; yes, you are.

Last edited:

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing new, navy and brown in town.

DETAILS
Suit - P. Johnson "Napoli " >2 years
Shirt - Ascott Chang >4 years
Tie - Herringbone >6 years
Shoes - Carmina >8 years
Me >45 years

Last edited:

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Hunters of Brora tweed jacket. Very pleased with the fit, but not 100% on the pocket details. There's actually a button on one of the lapels to close it, but it got slightly tight. Might bring it in for some corrections.

Norway is a cold country :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads