• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't do pocket square sans souci very well.

SuSu Lazio
An old, wool Ferragamo tie that I forgot that I had.
AE Strands oxblood

yoshiwaan

Reaction score
My ol' friend Upr is quite right Yosh. They are Westbourne on the 348 last

Thanks for asking
smile.gif

I've been eyeing of the C&J Maltons recently, but those seem equally nice.

When I look at them on the website there only seems to be black and chestnut, neither of which match these pictures. Have you done a bit of handiwork to darken the chestnuts or are C&J being a bit optimistic in their photography?

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/westbourne-chestnut

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I look at them on the website there only seems to be black and chestnut, neither of which match these pictures. Have you done a bit of handiwork to darken the chestnuts or are C&J being a bit optimistic in their photography?

The reason that I knew that Cleav's shoes were Westbournes was that I had wanted to buy them myself last year, but C & J didn't have them in my size, and, irony of ironies, I bought Maltons in chestnut instead. My Maltons are lighter in color than either Cleav's picture or the shot of the Westbournes on C & J's website, and I seem to remember that the Westbournes in chestnut were lighter than C & J's website's picture.

yoshiwaan

Reaction score
The reason that I knew that Cleav's shoes were Westbournes was that I had wanted to buy them myself last year, but C & J didn't have them in my size, and, irony of ironies, I bought Maltons in chestnut instead. My Maltons are lighter in color than either Cleav's picture or the shot of the Westbournes on C & J's website, and I seem to remember that the Westbournes in chestnut were lighter than C & J's website's picture.

So is there a discontinued mid brown or something?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They used to do 'my' colour some time ago. Though no more. These were picked up directly from the FS last summer I think so I assumed they were part of a special order.

So, yes it's not an oft seen combination these days.

Thanks for your kind words Yosh, good luck in your shoe search :nodding:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the colours and materials here, but I have to say that the skinny lapels, skinny tie and cutaway collar combine to emphasize the skinniness of your neck and make your head, in fact everything about you from shoulders upwards, look very small.

+1; you would benefit from a wider lapel, not that slim suit and tie...

Thanks Sander! The lighting is a bit difficult inside at the end of the day, and I was more curious what folks would think of the tie, but this is the same suit in outdoor shots for a better view of it: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...-part-iv-starting-may-2014/17205#post_7773388

It's quite restrained, no? Or do you mean the blue back blade?

I don't do pocket square sans souci very well.

SuSu Lazio
An old, wool Ferragamo tie that I forgot that I had.
AE Strands oxblood

Very nice!

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: Talk of shoe color.

If you want to darken your shoes, you can always polish with a shade darker and go from there. IF you don't like the results, strip using saphir.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's quite restrained, no? Or do you mean the blue back blade?

Our wires appear to have gone wonky :happy:

I meant the tie from yesterday's fit but I thought maybe you were referring to the suit not being able to be seen. Anyway, the tie from yesterday is a busier pattern that I typically think works (or that is seen here on SF) but it seems not to be ruffling any feathers.

Cheap old Oscar de la Renta tie from the 'bay. Like? No like? Today was it's first outing and I felt like only a conservative business dress frame would work for it, if it works at all.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarpanel3000