• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

History of Tuczeks

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't work out if this is a bunch of very clever spambots, taking posts and rearranging them, of if this is the weirdest virtual genealogy session ever.

sian123

Reaction score
Sorry to dissapoint i am not a spammer, just really excited that i found this threa and was hoping i might make contact with other family members to share history after all this thread is called "tuczek history'.

i have been to john lobbs ltd in st james's street london to see if they could shed any light on the tuczeks. they still have the tuczeks name outside their shop and they were kind enough to show me some of my great great grandfathers shoes.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sian123

Reaction score
very interesting info thankyou. i only made the discovery about tuczek shoes recently when my mother in law started investigating our family tree. im still hoping some other descendants will get intouch..........

georgiadis

Reaction score
Hello,
I am doing research into Jesse Marie Tucek and her family, an aunt of Anton Neville Tuczek.
I know that Anton died in Bridge, Kent. We wonder where is Amelia Tuczek's grave, do you know? And where was Anton buried? So many of the Tuczek lived around Herne Bay area in the 1940/50. Amelia, wife of Nikolaus ( senior) died there in 1913 but we can not find her grave.

I do have a little information on Anton as he was the brother of Nikolaus whose family tree I am doing right now.
My son is married into the family of jesse Marie.
Please contact me?

Regards W. Georgiadis

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Step 1: :puzzled:
Step 2: :facepalm:
Step 3: :crackup:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

georgiadis

Reaction score
Re Tuczek Family.

Hello,

I have been doing a lenghty research into the english side of the Tuczek family as my son has married into the family. We are all close so I feel I know a lot of the earlier Tuczeks.
Please can you tell me whereyou side fits in? would you be related to Lillian A Pentecost?
Would like to hear from you etc.

Kind regards
Wenceh Georgiadis

sheelagh

Reaction score
Hello, Wenceh,
I have corresponded with Sian, so you have probably seen my rather long email. I knew Lilian well when I was little. I think most of the family archive has come down to me and my sister, so if I can help in any way with your research , do contact me. [email protected]

I gather that you are descended from Jessie. She is one of the Tuczeks about whom I know virtually nothing, so I would love to know how your family fit in. Do you know anything about Sandford or Miriam (Minnie)? I remember my mother mentioning the name Purdy, but I'm vague about that connection.

I don't think Lilian ever threw a letter away, so there are scores of them here. they are mostly very boring, and extremely difficult to read, owing to the practice of giving the page a half turn and writing across it at a right angle. Saved Transatlantic postage, I presume.

Best wishes,
Sheelagh

wilsonettes

Reaction score
Hi Paula

Am fascinated by the history of Nikolaus Tuczek since my husband is directly descended from his wife's family the Iddiols.

I've had the census page from mid 1800s for ages - John Iddiols and his wife Maria and all their children living in St Giles High Street - Their daughter Amelia married Nikolaus and they all lived and worked together at the shoemakers. I had no idea of his importance till I googled his name very recently! I presumed the Iddiols were shoemakers and he married into the firm. Could this have been the other way round?

Amelia's younger brother Thomas Iddiols is my husband's Great Great Great Grandfather.

Incidentally Maria Iddiols appears in the Old Bailey Archive as old lady. She was run down by a speeding horse and cart in St Giles and died of her injuries. Witnesses saw the driver whipping his horse and he was found guilty of murder.
http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/browse.jsp?id=t18620106-192&div=t18620106-192&terms=iddiols#highlight

Now, almost 200 years later, we own a business in the same area of London! How bizarre.

Would love to hear how the business moved on from St Giles and if you have any information on the Iddiols?

Best wishes

Stella

sian123

Reaction score
Hello Stella

I have not been on here for sometime (as can be seen by my previous posts) this website has been very helpful in reaching out to other Tuczek descendants.

I am a descendant of nikolaus tuczek....my great great grandmother was Amelia Tuczek.
We have pictures of Nikolaus and Amelia ..
My email is [email protected]
If I can be of any further help X

KayleighTuczek

Reaction score
Hi, I'm typing on behalf of Nicolette Greer who's father was Anton Tuczek. She is trying to find out any information about her father and would be very grateful of any information you may have on the family.

Tabman & Maya: Please send us a PM so we can exchange an details that the other may have.

My Thanks on behalf of Nicolette

Nicolette you asked to contact you some time ago re information on Anton Tuczek - my mother has considerable history in the Tuczek family. Please do email me.
Hello. My name is Kayleigh Tuczek. I’ve always wanted to have more information about the Tuczek’s and where it originated from as I was to believe that it was polish. My grand fathers name was Arthur Tuczek and I just wanted to find about more about the history of the timeline or anything. Please and Thank You

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads