• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Ariiam

Reaction score
The UK Online store-9910 for a further 15% off (or was it 25?) and 1304 for an additional £5. I believe that makes the white zips £36 or so with shipping

hebe

Reaction score
has anyone tried messing around with the white ones (colour wise)?

Crappy quality pictures, but sandpapered them like mad and then put some black shoe cream on. I've used them maybe 7-8 times since (they were unworn here). The few white spots on the shoe and the white near the sole is almost completely gone now. I'm happy with how they turned out, since I pretty much got them for free it was either to sell for like 20 bucks or this.

mint

Reaction score

Crappy quality pictures, but sandpapered them like mad and then put some black shoe cream on. I've used them maybe 7-8 times since (they were unworn here). The few white spots on the shoe and the white near the sole is almost completely gone now. I'm happy with how they turned out, since I pretty much got them for free it was either to sell for like 20 bucks or this.

That actually looks great. I like the little bits of white on the bottom. How much sandpapering was involved? How is the texture of the shoe now?

BTW-- went to pick up a camel suit (full rack earlier this week) and now there is only 1 camel blazer in 44 left. Managed to get camel pants (they're nice) in 32 and 33 :) I'm still looking for the navy, trade? :)

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What're prices/discounts like in the US? Anyone doing a cheap proxy? Could use a navy/black suit and maybe a pair of white side zips

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone can proxy gray or black side zips in 40, LMK.

Last edited:

hrb

Reaction score
to add to the proxy requests. looking for either navy or camel suit jacket in a 36!

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the white side-zips. The next time I visit the store, or if they go down from 75€ online, I might grab a pair and try that. Maybe make them brown.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone in chicago know of any stores that still have some sidezips? Went to the one in oak brook and they didn`t even know what I was talking about

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be wary of the fact that most retailers in the Chicago suburbs will have nada when it comes to anything remotely fashionable. I've been to the Oak Brook mall countless times only to be reminded, on each occasion, that sprawling Midwestern malls specialize in nothing but the bland and trite.

Your best bet is to go downtown and see if the Michigan Ave. location still has some stuff hanging around. I doubt the Oak Brook H&M ever even had the Margiela stuff in the first place.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collab was only stocked at certain stores, the list was on the site before everything about it was purged for there.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The collab was only stocked at certain stores, the list was on the site before everything about it was purged for there.

This. In the Chicago area only the State st and Michigan Ave locations had the collab.

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
I am going to get a painted zip and slip on and try to rub the paint off. I love how Hebe's turned out, especially the white on the sole. Instead of sanding, how about some kind of liquid solvent? Not sure if that'll hurt the leather. Is shoe cream different from shoe polish? Should be a fun winter project 8)

anyone want a 44 in camel, navy, or camel coat? or 34 in navy pants? or various sized fusion pants? or XS belt jacket? or S/M/L alpaca sweaters? or M/L fusion of two shirts? There is one of each coat and a few pants left at my H&M and I don't mind picking it up, especially the lighter stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads