• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheDL

Reaction score

I have the Longwings in Crimson and love the way the Leo last fits. I wear an 11.5 in Grant Stone which is .5 size down from my Chippewa and Red Wings. Also a half size down from most of my sneakers. The Grant Stone team were great at giving sizing advice when I initially ordered!

I also have the Diesel Boot in Saddle Tan Veg. Can't speak highly enough about the construction and the color! Same sizing for these as they are formed on the same last. 11.5 works great for me.

jonnyleigh

Reaction score

I am UK based and received my longwings from US in January which took a while but was so worth it. I ordered a 9.5 as I am usually a UK 9 (US 10) but was advised to go a .5 smaller. The fit is good and snug and I think will be perfect once I have worn them in a bit. The quality of the shoe is outstanding - so well made - I have had so many compliments. Also the colouring is beautiful, this photo is around 4 wears in. I will post another one once they have aged a bit. I was eager to post on here I am so pleased with them and to support a company that I really want to succeed (and then I will be able to get them more easily in the UK)

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
I've been posting in the other grant stone thread not realizing there was one here.

For people with wide feet like me, Grant Stone is the way to go. At the time I ordered mine, they didn't have any E widths which I was worried about but I shot an email to find out what my sizing would be and they assured me their last ran slightly wider than Alden. I'm a 10E in barrie last and I'm a 10D in Grant Stone, and the fit is spot on. It starts out a little snug for the first 2 days, and by day 3 and 4 they're perfect. I liked the fit so much, I went ahead and ordered the wingtip, and the more expensive shell plaintoe.

Here's a pic of all three:

Here's some closeups of the quality construction and leather:

I'm trying to clear my closet so, I'm probably not going to keep all 3 pairs but these are my go too brand for dress shoes now. There's nothing like finding alden quality shoes in a perfect fit, at a great price.

LahmansBeard

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Jeremy and I thought I would offer up that I'm on my fifth pair of Grant Stone Shoes and boots and have been thrilled with how the've done.

I have three pair of the longwings and two pair of the boots. Here is a link to a review I did for Urban Beardsman Magazine as well as an interview with Wyatt Gilmore the owner.

https://www.beardbrand.com/blogs/urbanbeardsman/grant-stone-shoes

If anyone has questions on sizing, fit, leathers or performance feel free to ask away. I wear mine in a rotation every single day and they literally only get better. They've been amazing in all types of weather. Every time it rains or snows I get nervous but they are impenetrable. The build quality is second to none on these.

Let me know if I can help anyone out.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi guys, my name is Jeremy and I thought I would offer up that I'm on my fifth pair of Grant Stone Shoes and boots and have been thrilled with how the've done.

I have three pair of the longwings and two pair of the boots. Here is a link to a review I did for Urban Beardsman Magazine as well as an interview with Wyatt Gilmore the owner.

https://www.beardbrand.com/blogs/urbanbeardsman/grant-stone-shoes

If anyone has questions on sizing, fit, leathers or performance feel free to ask away. I wear mine in a rotation every single day and they literally only get better. They've been amazing in all types of weather. Every time it rains or snows I get nervous but they are impenetrable. The build quality is second to none on these.

Let me know if I can help anyone out.

great interview, wish they offer more color in leather

jacksonkeeper

Reaction score
In the market for a PTB. Is it just me or does the Grant Stone's PTB toe area look wider than the Allen Edmonds Leeds?

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score

In the market for a PTB. Is it just me or does the Grant Stone's PTB toe area look wider than the Allen Edmonds Leeds?

I don't think it's wider. I sold my Leeds but one of the main reasons I like the Leo last is the toe area comes down in the front lower than the AE and Alden ptn lasts. It slims down the front of the foot without being uncomfortable. I don't have any comparison shots but I'll leave you with this one, where you can kinda see how the toe slopes down and comes to a gradual point.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between things like lens distortion and just flat-out difficulty of shooting shoes in general, I think it is hard to photograph these well. They aren't as slim as Alden's PTB's (especially the unlined ones), but they're not bulbous or over-weighted in person to me. I'm really enjoying mine!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads