• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grant Stone Buy/Sell/Trade

blue123

Reaction score
For Sale: Grant Stone Ottawa Boots in Dune CXL in 10D. I love the boots, but they are just a 1/2 size too large for me. I am looking to sell within the CONUS and I will cover shipping via USPS. I have barely worn these boots and they will come with all original items I received from Grant Stone.
Maker/Model: Grant Stone/Ottawa Boot
* Size: 10D
* Leather: Dune CXL
* Sole: Vibram
* Price: $225 net shipped
* Wears/Condition: I wore the boots a total of 3 times with no more than 3 hours worth of walking time on them. There is the usual low level creasing on the boot that comes from minor wear.

ar2j4Kg.jpg

gPI404h.jpg

wYDfFBW.jpg

sY89Glt.jpg

XRb1xzb.jpg

6EZsd7L.jpg

Btdqzg9.jpg

QjxPC00.jpg

cFewyjM.jpg

Ew2BrZg.jpg

blue123

Reaction score
For Sale: Grant Stone Ottawa Boots in Dune CXL in 10D. I love the boots, but they are just a 1/2 size too large for me. I am looking to sell within the CONUS and I will cover shipping via USPS. I have barely worn these boots and they will come with all original items I received from Grant Stone.
Maker/Model: Grant Stone/Ottawa Boot
* Size: 10D
* Leather: Dune CXL
* Sole: Vibram
* Price: $225 net shipped
* Wears/Condition: I wore the boots a total of 3 times with no more than 3 hours worth of walking time on them. There is the usual low level creasing on the boot that comes from minor wear.

Boots are now sold!

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hi all!

Been meaning to post this. I’m clearing out my GS archives. I love the brand and quality and value but after some exuberant early days I eventually concluded that I can’t get the Leo to work for me. Here is what I have in stock, most is new in box or has 1-3 wears. I can’t post pictures of everything because there’s too much but I can reply with photos for specific items of interest. Price is $200 net with bulk discounts:

12D

Essex diesel

Loden diesel

Dune diesel

Bourbon diesel

Jungle diesel

Crimson diesel

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11.5D

Loden diesel

Classic buck

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11E

Dune LW

10.5E

Dune PTB

Tan LW

10EEE

Dune diesel

9.5EEE

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

Bourbon diesel

Waxed

Reaction score
Hi all!

Been meaning to post this. I’m clearing out my GS archives. I love the brand and quality and value but after some exuberant early days I eventually concluded that I can’t get the Leo to work for me. Here is what I have in stock, most is new in box or has 1-3 wears. I can’t post pictures of everything because there’s too much but I can reply with photos for specific items of interest. Price is $200 net with bulk discounts:

12D

Essex diesel

Loden diesel

Dune diesel

Bourbon diesel

Jungle diesel

Crimson diesel

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11.5D

Loden diesel

Classic buck

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11E

Dune LW

10.5E

Dune PTB

Tan LW

10EEE

Dune diesel

9.5EEE

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

Bourbon diesel
Do any of the 12D’s have a leather sole? Thanks.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

12D

Essex diesel

Loden diesel

Dune diesel

Bourbon diesel

Jungle diesel

Crimson diesel

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11.5D

Loden diesel

Classic buck

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

11E

Dune LW

10.5E

Dune PTB

Tan LW

10EEE

Dune diesel

9.5EEE

Tan LW

Crimson LW

Dune PTB

Bourbon diesel
You really did leave no stone unturned in your quest

ChorizoHowitzer

Reaction score
Last edited:

whipcord

Reaction score
Where are people having the most success selling these? I have a pair of 11.5D Crimson diesels, barely worn, a pair of 11.5D Storm Suede diesels brand new condition (worn on carpet a night), a pair of 11.5D Coffee Longwings brand new, and a pair of gently used 11D Brass Boots black CXL that I'd like to sell.

ChorizoHowitzer

Reaction score
Last edited:

Xysters

Reaction score
Mint condition pair of Cap Toe Crimson Chromexcel 8E. I purchased these brand new, A-stock. I wore them inside the house for a few hours. This was enough time for me to realize they are the wrong size. I've been experimenting with different sizes recently, and my loss is your gain. Some very minor creasing as expected with any chromexcel leather. I really love the cap toe style; they are a little bit more dressy than a standard Diesel, but alas they are the wrong size.

Asking $245 net to me. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

Last edited:

Xysters

Reaction score
Up for sale is a very special pair of Dune Chromexcel Diesel Boots in 8.5D. I purchased these brand new and immediately took them to my cobbler to have him resole them to be a baby Urban Logger/Drifter style. They're definitely a lot more Urban than Logger or Drifter. They're still fairly dressy, just a little more rugged. The cobbler built up the heel slightly, maybe 0.25", to match the height of the lug sole and retain balance of the shoe.

After getting them back, I wore them around the house for a few hours, and realized the sizing does not work for me. I've been experimenting with sizing a bit lately, which is why a couple of my boots that are in like-new condition are for sale. The resole was very expensive, and while I know I won't recoup those costs, this will be a significant discount if you wanted to do this yourself. This pair is not for everyone; I'm hoping they will find the right home.

Asking $320 net to me. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
If you are looking for an exceedingly unusual but easily wearable boot this might be worth considering. These started life as the light colored kangaroo Ottawa. I dyed them but not in the conventional sense whatsoever. These were treated with an iron/vinegar based solution that reacted with the tannins in the hide to create the color effect that resulted.

The mottling in the color is a lot easier to see outdoors whereas indoors it tends to be a bit more subtle. The toes and vamps are also more evenly colored overall.

This was a pretty difficult project, overall, relative to conventional dye type efforts. I have a lot of hours into these boots. Happy to discuss further. These fit me well and I like them but have too many moc toes. Getting into hard cuts.

No clue how to price these… hoping to find someone that loves them and will use them more than me.

Let’s say $245. If you think too high or love them but want to make a lower offer please feel free to reach out via DM. Looking for a good home for someone after a 1 of 1 unique pair.

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

IMG_9534.jpeg

img_9538-jpeg.2157803

Attachments

• IMG_9538.jpeg
    IMG_9538.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 161

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads