• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got m'self a haircut--an improvement?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you want to keep the curls? You could try a relaxing treatment and open up a few more options.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not attached to the super tight curls, but I wouldn't want super-straight hair. I'd be more than happy to open up options.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
E82G8218.jpg
?

I'll tell you the truth. It looks bad. You don't look even close to JFK, I don't think you could, get that out of your head. I think your best bet is with a short hair cut. You kind of looks like a young Edward Norton to me. You have a similar face/head. I'd look at photos of him to see what might look good on you.
edward-norton-hulk.jpg
edward-norton-picture-2.jpg
I had a friend who looked liked you, he just did a buzz cut all the time because when he grew his hair out it looked so bad. Cut it all off!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow you guys are mean. you clearly like what you have, so who cares. you want the artsy, nerdy look, and you have it. so who cares what others think. just do what you like, and i think youre happy with what you have.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
wow you guys are mean. you clearly like what you have, so who cares. you want the artsy, nerdy look, and you have it. so who cares what others think. just do what you like, and i think youre happy with what you have.
I agree. Your current look is not bad at all. If you like it, keep it.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you ever shaved your head? It might look good. Although, I think your current cut looks fine

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my advice WMMK: do something simple that you can replicate often. Stop looking at pictures of models. Those pictures all show hair that was styled 30 minutes before the picture was taken. Unless you're getting a haircut every 10 days, you won't be able to replicate those pictures. Trust me, I've tried. I settle for very simple haircuts and try to get them often.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Here's my advice WMMK: do something simple that you can replicate often. Stop looking at pictures of models. Those pictures all show hair that was styled 30 minutes before the picture was taken. Unless you're getting a haircut every 10 days, you won't be able to replicate those pictures. Trust me, I've tried. I settle for very simple haircuts and try to get them often.

^Funny you should mention that. I was actually just looking at the Acne site to look for some new chinos when I came across this model. I was going to ask how hard it'd be to get my hair to look like that, but I guess you sort of answered my question.

Anyway, I also saw this:
andrew-bird2-thumb.jpg

elsewhere. The guy (Andrew Bird) has a somewhat high hairline and it doesn't look like anyone put to much time or effort into making his hair looking that way. Could I pull off that look well/easily, and would it flatter my face reasonably well?

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've said this before, but I like your hair. It's badass, in an endearingly nerdy sort of way. I have a high forehead, and I keep my hair fairly short, but I have straight hair.

If you want something different, find a good stylist, like others have said. It's worth the extra money, especially when you're trying a new style.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I think I've said this before, but I like your hair. It's badass, in an endearingly nerdy sort of way. I have a high forehead, and I keep my hair fairly short, but I have straight hair.

If you want something different, find a good stylist, like others have said. It's worth the extra money, especially when you're trying a new style.

I agree. What you have now is not bad at all, but a stylist could enhance it if you want a change.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads