• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghosts?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I thought you had some stories, dumbo. Post 'em up!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ I thought you had some stories, dumbo. Post 'em up!

After I was with your mom I became white as a ghost does that count?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If that's a seman joke, wouldn't she be the white one? Or something? Idk. Post some scary stories, please.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She'd never go for you so keep dreaming.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
She'd never go for you so keep dreaming.

on the contrary I showed her ed's fb page last night in bed and she said she'd do him.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
on the contrary I showed her ed's fb page last night in bed and she said she'd do him.

fistbump.gif

Can't tell if this makes you the best or worst wingman ever.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
All I want are ghost stories. Is that too much to ask?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seeaann
Well you're changing the subject a bit now so let me get back to the main topic. Before Jesus promises the thief of paradise, the thief says to Jesus: "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." Keyword here is "remember" You see, everyone during Jesus day knew about the resurrection of the just and unjust and the day of judgement. This is why when Lazarus was resurrected from the dead, none even thought of asking Lazarus "what was it like to be dead?" because they all knew that when one dies he give ups the breath of life and "the dead know nothing" they are in a state of 'sleep' or 'rest'. The thief was asking Jesus to remember him when Jesus returned to earth during the 'second coming' when Jesus would come to give all men what they deserved according to their judgement. And so because the thief acted in faith, which is the way one is saved, Jesus promised the thief that day on the cross that he would see paradise, and paradise is synonomous with Eden. For the earth will be recreated after it is cleansed by fire and Eden will be restored on this planet, Isaiah 56 17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy. Revelation 21 1. Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. As to 1 Peter 3:18 and onward, the word 'spirits' is never used in the bible to refer to deceased people but always refers to angelic beings, therefore, evil spirits are nothing more than fallen angels or demons. The word prison is a term that Bible uses to describe the state that the fallen angels are in, for Satan and a third of the angels were kicked out of heaven, they were bound here on earth as if in prison. Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. I really cant comment on the other stuff you mention because it isnt Biblical, its traditional doctrine, and I go by the Bible only.
What about the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16, 19-31)? That would pretty clearly indicate that there is some sort of conscious survival after death and before any general resurrection. Interesting how the New Testament is now being described as "obscure ancient writing"! Anyway, I'd like to see this thread move away from religious debate and back to reports of ghostly phenomena.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the Catholic church explicitly denies the existence of ghosts, since there's really no place in the biblical cosmology for estranged spirits putzing around on earth.

But ghosts never seemed like conscious, aware beings to me anyway. Maybe they're just something like spectral echoes of a person's earthly existence.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about shadow people? Say, how in the hell do you get rid of them?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to this thread... I woke up last night due a loud THUMP that shook my room. I was freakin out thinking it was a ghost.

Turns out my roommate just got home and had slammed the door.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads