• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IDK, I think these new ones are shoes I would best appreciate on others, but I can't see myself wearing them.

then most definitely buy me a pair of the double monks and enjoy how nice they look on me.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

then most definitely buy me a pair of the double monks and enjoy how nice they look on me.

imo, they won't as i can't see this elongated lasts look good on you... ...no offense.

Last edited:

claes500

Reaction score

Arrived yesterday
RL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/805097/width/350/height/263]
[/URL]

These are relly great! For some reason I haven't pictured the hoves in suede but now when I see them they look spectacular! They are BS but to synthesize those in MTO would TG73 be closest?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

imo, they won't as i can't see this elongated lasts look good on you... ...no offense.

since im taking forever to make this decision, ill ask, what last do you think best suits my frame?

These are relly great! For some reason I haven't pictured the hoves in suede but now when I see them they look spectacular! They are BS but to synthesize those in MTO would TG73 be closest?

+1 on what last they are closest to. great looking shoes and i love that last.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got to try the Decos on. They're a little looser around the heel than expected, and they're a bit tight across the top of the ball of the foot. They're definitely still going to crease across the top in the same place as every other shoe I own. :confused:

Which is not to say they're not awesome. :lol:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finally got to try the Decos on. They're a little looser around the heel than expected, and they're a bit tight across the top of the ball of the foot. They're definitely still going to crease across the top in the same place as every other shoe I own. :confused:
Which is not to say they're not awesome. :lol:

enjoy and wear em in good health!

cscharti

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am considering the purchase of either a vintage rioja, vintage cherry or bordeaux calf in a yet to be determined style. I had a few questions, first not having seen any of these colors in person what are the general opinions on these three colors from G&G?

Also, I've asked this question on the Vass thread with great results and since I have an odd heel I'm in need of a few measurements in the heel of various G&G lasts. For those of you that own the 73 or 71 last, could you measure the depth on the inside of the shoe from the bottom of the heel to the top of the leather on the heel. I have gotten a measurement of 2.25" on the C&J 348 last, 2.5" on the AE 5 last and about 2.4" in the Vass U last.

I have a quirky foot and have some discomfort in the heel, that doesn't break in, on anything lower than about 2.25"

Thanks for your help guys, it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, i think chosing a model should come before chosing a color, but as it is i like the rioja a lot. never seen it in person but looks to be a pretty color.

then again consider your collection at present. do you need a staple color and model or are you set with the staples? if the former you likely should go with a more classic model and color. if the latter you have room to work with a more exotic model and color. answer these questions and that should set you on the path to what model and color is best for you right now. good luck young padawan.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

since im taking forever to make this decision, ill ask, what last do you think best suits my frame?
+1 on what last they are closest to. great looking shoes and i love that last.

stitch, it shouldn't be important, what i think. i said the round toe looks good and i stick to this.

we all know that this is a big step for you, hence just listen to your heart.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I am considering the purchase of either a vintage rioja, vintage cherry or bordeaux calf in a yet to be determined style. I had a few questions, first not having seen any of these colors in person what are the general opinions on these three colors from G&G?
Also, I've asked this question on the Vass thread with great results and since I have an odd heel I'm in need of a few measurements in the heel of various G&G lasts. For those of you that own the 73 or 71 last, could you measure the depth on the inside of the shoe from the bottom of the heel to the top of the leather on the heel. I have gotten a measurement of 2.25" on the C&J 348 last, 2.5" on the AE 5 last and about 2.4" in the Vass U last.
I have a quirky foot and have some discomfort in the heel, that doesn't break in, on anything lower than about 2.25"
Thanks for your help guys, it is greatly appreciated.

I own a pair in vintage cherry. I like the color a lot, I would say that it is a medium-to-dark brownish red color. When I first ordered my pair in this color, I was a bit worried that they would be too red for my taste, but there's enough brown in the color to make me happy.

I took measurements of a couple of pairs of my G&Gs for you in the area that you requested:

TG73 last Burlington- 2 3/8"
MH71 last Uppingham- 2 1/4"

Both are size 8.5E, I figure that the dimensions vary with size as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads