• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

stitch, it shouldn't be important, what i think. i said the round toe looks good and i stick to this.
we all know that this is a big step for you, hence just listen to your heart.

i feel like that post belongs in a disney movie. it warmed my heart. :)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Arrived yesterday
RL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/805097/width/350/height/263]
[/URL]

imo, that's the real "purpose" of cusom made. well done.

Thank you. Picked the style of shoe I wanted and the best looking color of suede and rolled the dice.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's one stylish mf'n shoe

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, I am considering the purchase of either a vintage rioja, vintage cherry or bordeaux calf in a yet to be determined style. I had a few questions, first not having seen any of these colors in person what are the general opinions on these three colors from G&G?
Also, I've asked this question on the Vass thread with great results and since I have an odd heel I'm in need of a few measurements in the heel of various G&G lasts. For those of you that own the 73 or 71 last, could you measure the depth on the inside of the shoe from the bottom of the heel to the top of the leather on the heel. I have gotten a measurement of 2.25" on the C&J 348 last, 2.5" on the AE 5 last and about 2.4" in the Vass U last.
I have a quirky foot and have some discomfort in the heel, that doesn't break in, on anything lower than about 2.25"
Thanks for your help guys, it is greatly appreciated.

I should have a pair in vintage cherry to poast by the end of this week - if that helps you with color selection.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If I wear a 9.5UK in most CJ lasts, what size to get in soft square MH71 last ?

Thanks for your help
This has been the topic of many discussions. Personally I have to wear one half size up from C&J (I wear 12 in G&G and 11.5 in CJ).

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leaves and pB. I was thinking of getting the Warwick from Bespoke England but noticed that they only have it in wide fitting.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Seems like Bespoke England raised their prices recently. The lowest priced G&G's start at GBP660 now and I could swear some of the prices used to be lower.

Last edited:

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like Bespoke England raised their prices recently. The lowest priced G&G's start at GBP660 now and I could swear some of the prices used to be lower.
That is correct, from what I have seen. Up until last week, all of the shoes that are now GBP660 were GBP625. Others that were more expensive than that before have gone up by varying amounts as well. I am guessing that G&G has raised their prices, hence the price increase from Bespoke.
Their E fitting is the standard. You mean they only have it in F?
Yeah, Bespoke only has the Warwick in F-width. I was seriously considering getting a pair of those, if not for the width. I really like that design a lot.
Edwards of Manchester has some shoes at 590 GBP and some at 640 GBP
Last I checked, Edwards of Manchester only carries F-width for G&G. EDIT: Just checked the site again, they do have some new E-width shoes now that they didn't have before. Unfortunately, these are all of the GBP640 ones, which would suggest that G&G's base prices have definitely gone up.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

s'rite they increased last week- Thursday I believe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads