• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Okay. Here are some more of why we love this thread:

not my cuppa. do you have some pics of gg06?

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We can take out the crease without affecting the fit. If it is a bespoke pair, we could even improve the fit in this
process.
I don't know what the Austrian shoemakers look for. Fit, style or what have you. I don't even know how they make
shoes there. But we have many customers in Japan who tried reknowned Austiran shoe maker Mxxxxxa and every
single one of them are not happy with the FIT of Mxxxxxa shoes. Mxxxxxa used to come to Japan to take bespoke/MTO
orders. I think it was back in 2002 or something. Only after a couple of trips, they stopped coming since they could
not fit the customers in Japan. I heard this from the agent who handled Mxxxxxa back then. This history tells me that
this particular shoemaker in Austria, G. Mxxxxxa is not good at all in the FIT arena.
I had started marketing Edward Green Bespoke in Japan from 2003 through 2006 and then G&G from 2006 up to now.
I admit we are not perfect and have some fit issues once in a while. However, we still have a very strong demand in
Japan and keep going back there to take bespoke/MTO orders. As much as you hate us and our shoes to death, we
must be doing something right where G. Mxxxxxa spectacularly failed, don't you think?
May be Mxxxxxa don't know how to fit Japanese people's feet, I don't know. But Japanese people aren't martians
or anything and experienced shoemakers should be able to fit them relatively well. No rocket science either.
We will take a good care of mr. parker.

ok, then improve the fit.

i'm not more related to mr. materna, as i spoke to him and he is a very gentle person, being a knowledgable and skillful shoemaker, either. i watched him doing his work and i know his approach to his craft, which he is paracticing for more than fifty years. funny you mention japan, he enjoyed the experience, anyway.

this is the g&g thread. we can focus on this, if you don't mind.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LeJouvre

Reaction score

+1

I feel like a bit of a girl wearing my G&G after a day in a pair of Edward Greens. Almost sound like high heels too.

But they do look good, even though they are not nearly as comfortable as Edward Green or Lobb.

Out of balance you say Fritz? You know what? I think you're right!

Meh! who cares about the blisters and the back ache after a day in G&G, they still look good, and if they look good, you feel good!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been away in NYC for a week but did not pick up any G&Gs (leffot had nothing in my size :( but I picked up my first pair of JLPs though!)
With some resemblance of spring in Sthlm I figured I would try to make some justice to the racing green and try to get some sunlight on them!

le green looks awesome. thanks for the pics.

iyorito

Reaction score

ok, then improve the fit.
i'm not more related to mr. materna, as i spoke to him and he is a very gentle person, being a knowledgable and skillful shoemaker, either. i watched him doing his work and i know his approach to his craft, which he is paracticing for more than fifty years. funny you mention japan, he enjoyed the experience, anyway.
this is the g&g thread. we can focus on this, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We will when he contact us.
As to Mr. Mxxxxxa, you need to listen to the customer's side as well. Anyway whatever.
You can bash Gaziano and Girling and other non Austro- Hungarian shoemakers all
you want, but without trying any of them, your claim is quite weak. Just looking at your
shoes in pictures, they look like they don't fit you. But they fit you perfectly. It is impossible
to judge the fit just from the picture.
We are launching slippers in 3 month time. For next summer, we will be launching
unlined casuals (loafers).

i'm not bashing...

...and there's a own thread, where you can discuss the fit issues of my shoes. i'm very interest to hear your pov. i hope, you're not chickening out.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I will opt out for mental health reasons. And as I said, it is impossible to tell from the pictures or words. I need to take a look at it on one touching. Anyway, this is how we see the fit in England (and Japan).

okidoki

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We will when he contact us.

you're a good ambassador for the brand and so is mr. parker. i love the carefulness, you have for your customers. keep up the good work and good luck with the slippers.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl,
I am sorry I took it on you.
My wife has been giving me a lot of **** for the last week (to a point where I wanted to shoot her with a rocket launcher) or so and my head was boiling. I am in a park right now with my kids with my iPad and got some rational perspective back. You see I have 2 full time jobs but I work out of my home and I my wife is around 24/7 except when I am on a business trip. I need a safe house. I was thinking of one in Prague or Buenos Aires but I might settle for Wanchai, Hong Kong so that I could mess around with Gavin and Christian!!!! My kids are off to boarding school this September.
My apologies.
Kind regards,
Masaichi

you're welcome. let me know, how it works out with your moving plans. i would like to meet with the gang in hkg.

on a random note: quite controversial places. good luck with all your efforts.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My move will be to Oxford from NY in August with the family. Come to think of it, I could commute to the factory everyday!!
The only problem is that I hate driving since I crashed my friend's Lamborghini Gallardo in 2005 and paid a fortune to fix it!!!!

ooops

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads